Phantasy Star Universe - Ambition of the Illuminus [SLUS 21631] (U)
status=5;
version=1.5.0;
console=PS2;
crc=5EA50CB0;
img_t=1237409595j08;
img_f=1237409583j08;
wikiurl=Link;
Code:
empty

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.4 Ghz | 6 GB DDR3 RAM in Triple Channel | GeForce GTX 285
2.5 TB Hard Drive Space | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Official betatester of PCSX2

Sponsored links

It has been reported in the link below that the game needs EE rounding set to Nearest, else you cannot kill one of the robots on the mission "The mask"

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Bug-Repor...minus-NTSC
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-28-2017, 07:51 PM)refraction Wrote: It has been reported in the link below that the game needs EE rounding set to Nearest, else you cannot kill one of the robots on the mission "The mask"

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Bug-Repor...minus-NTSC

For the PAL version maybe, but on the NTSC version I never needed it. (Using the recent developer builds)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Ok, finally got access to my report on the wiki regarding the boss issue, etc.

---------------------------------------------------------
Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus (NTSC-U)
Tested on: v1.5.0 (dev-2053 g0d3f02e)

Color Table:
Update mentioned in green means a fixed issue or something that is now working.
Update mentioned in red means an issue that occurred for me while playing.

Quote:BIOS: USA 2.30, FPS remains stable at 60 FPS, with a few dips here and there while using 5x Native resolution when a lot of stuff is going on in the screen. Using 4x Native however, results in no slowdowns at all. The 'monsters don't move' glitch has yet to happen to me in this game, but as mentioned - I haven't done extensive testing yet. I will update this report eventually with further results regarding that matter.

There is a widescreen patch for this game, but unfortunately it causes quite a few graphical issues. Mainly the minimap being positioned wrong, (the cursor of your character is too far to the left), and also the target rectangle on monsters is misaligned as are the cut-in images of NPCs that talk during battles. Until those issues are fixed it might be better to just play it in default aspect ratio (4:3) in my opinion.

Update: So I've been playing for several hours now, fought MANY battles, including various boss fights, and have yet to experience the issue where monsters get stuck. Either this got fixed in recent revisions of PCSX2, or it simply does not exist at all in THIS game and someone just copied the issue over from the original PSU. Marking it as fixed for now. No matter what I try, I can't reproduce it anymore. (Haven't tried it on older PCSX2 versions, but I left the workaround intact).

Update 2: One thing I did notice during my time playing is that at least 3 times now, my save file ended up being corrupted for no reason at all. When you approach a Save Point it will attempt to read the existing file on the Memory Card as usual, but then it'll say that the file is damaged and then you are given the choice between either deleting it, or not saving at all. The original PSU game suffered from these random corruptions as well. Unsure of what's causing it. But for those who are playing the game - make sure to use Save States as well as regular Memory Card saves. (Backup your MC files too just in case).

[Image: f52rFlA.png]

[Image: YAqEEmM.png]

[Image: OwgGUuU.png]
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)