PCSX2 on My PC and FFX
Question 
Hi there!

Since I am new in this emulator and I only tried a few games, I would like an opinion about the games that would work on the PCSX2 of my PC.
I'v tried only Final Fantasy X and it is not bad but the frame rate is alwas too fast or too slow and the "Limit" option to force framerate down when it is too fast simply doesn't work. Maybe I am asking too much when I say I want to play FFX with my PC specs, but well... I seriously don't have a clue! Tongue

So I will place here my PC specs so you can see for yourselves what I am talking about, and say for yourselves if games like FFX or God of War can possibly work. Thanks! Wink

P.S.: Oh! And I am thinking changing to Windows 7. Is that a good idea with my PC specs? (and I still want to use PCSX2 of course)

My PC:

MS Windows XP SP3
AMD Phenom X2 Dual-Core
Processor GP-7730
2.71 GHz
2,0 Gb of RAM
NVIDIA GForce 9800 GT

Latest version of PCSX2 with support only to SSE2. Sad

Sponsored links

changing to windows 7 may help, as you will get dx10 support.
Your specs are more than decent to play FFX, and they are ok to play GoW.

Now, what pcsx2 version are you using, exactly ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
My PCSX2 version is the 0.9.6 but FFX runs with unstable framerate (sometimes too slow and sometimes too fast), is it becaus my AMD only supports SSE2?
I don't care much about the grafism but I wanted to know if there is a way to make the game run smooth even if i need to sacrifice the grafics, and finaly why the "limit" option does nothing when enabled in my PCSX!

Thanks!
dunno about the "limit-not-working" stuff, but you'd better use latest pcsx2 beta & latest plugins pack ...that could help
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well the new beta is pretty good and the "limit thing" works nice this time. But the game sometimes is (like in the other version) slow as a snail... pherhaps i need to format my pc, last time I did that it was a long time ago!
One last thing... being in Portugal, playing NTCS games instead of PAL can also increase the frameskip issues?

Thanks for the advice i will be sure to check for new updates and stuff every once in a while! Wink
What parts of the game are slow? What settings?

I doubt formatting would be of much help.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
It's a bit random but its more frequent in open wide spaces and ocasionaly during fights. In closed spaces the game runs smoothly. As I said I don't mind the graphics being bad, only that the gameplay is good, here are my settings:

Version: pcsx2 beta.r1888_____________My PC specs are above!
Graphics: 1873 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.15
-Resolution: 640x480 60Hz
-Renderer: Direct3D9 (Hardware)
-Interlacing: None
-Aspect Ratio: 4:3
-D3D internal res: Native
-SW rend. threads: ---
Marked Boxes:
-Texture Filtering
-Allow 8-bit textures
-Logarithmic Z
-Alpha Correction
That's just the graphic settings, it is normal though... you don't have a very fast CPU and some parts of the game are just slower, try some speedhacks and disable that "allow 8-bit textures" as it wont help for FFX anyway and you can also untick "native" as your card can handle normal resolutions fine.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
My PC specs are way lower than yours and I can run it at full speed. The occasional slow-downs aren't much and the speed-hacks help a lot.
It seems that the PCSX2 does very well emulating FFX and FFXII. When I take away the frame limter, I can get 80FPS so It's well above full speed emulation (60FPS). As Flamemage says, they can get it running on lower specs so you are in for a good chance.

On a side note, if you are using the Zerogs plugin, be sure to check the FFX missing geometry hack.
[Image: 40122467.png]