[Bug Report]Kingdom hearts
I'm playing kingdom hearts on pcsx2 beta.r1888. It was fine up until now and i don't know what to do. The health and item menus keep on flashing, and certain parts of the game such as text and barrels flash rapidly as well. Does anyone know how to fix?

[Image: imageqtb.jpg]

[Image: image1nn.jpg]

It flashes like this.

Sponsored links

What settings? Does it happen in the stable 0.9.6 too? Try enabling/disabling log-Z in GSdx and changing to the Direct3D10 (hardware) renderer if availbale to you.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(02-04-2010, 01:41 AM)warriorlan1 Wrote: I'm playing kingdom hearts on pcsx2 beta.r1888. It was fine up until now and i don't know what to do. The health and item menus keep on flashing, and certain parts of the game such as text and barrels flash rapidly as well. Does anyone know how to fix?

[Image: imageqtb.jpg]

[Image: image1nn.jpg]

It flashes like this.

I would, if I were you just render everyother GUI plug, config each & everyone for best results. I know it sounds like a pain, but how do you think the ones who are giving you the information on configuring YOUR inputs learnt it? Correct.

Experience is the best way in surviving these harsh worlds.
Honestly it looks like it is running great, I wouldn't really worry much if I were you.

Plus I don't think that this forum should be under "Bug - Report"
Using GSdx 1873 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.15 - Direct3D 10 (Hardware)
SPU2-X
Lilpad svn

Shadow Lady, the log-z box is greyed so i'm pretty sure that pcsx2 is deciding whether i need it or not, also i can't untick it >.> I also tried 0.9.6 but the fps rate is really slow often capping at around 30fps even with all speed hacks on, while the one i'm using beta.r1888 caps at around 60 fps with the right speed hacks enabled.

DrugFreeMike240, I've honestly tried manipulating every setting on the config list to fix the problem. At first i thought it was chopping up the frames since the game was running kinda slow, but I had it working early perfectly fine. I'm starting to think it's not so much as the pcsx2 but my kingdom hearts iso that is causing the problem. I'm going to make another iso from my disk and see if there's a difference.

Also messing around with too many graphics settings blue screens my computer since i don't think my graphics card is too great.
I bet you have all kinds of speed hacks on. Disable them and it will work fine. If not, use an older GSdx like the 0.1.14 release
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-04-2010, 09:27 AM)Bositman Wrote: I bet you have all kinds of speed hacks on. Disable them and it will work fine. If not, use an older GSdx like the 0.1.14 release

I'd go with that^

I played Kingdom Hearts (1, Re:CoM, and 2) perfectly fine on my rig with no flashing menus at all. It's definitely related to settings you're currently using. The only real problem I had in a KH game was in Re:CoM, where the music would screw up randomly. Changing the Sound Plugin was a temporary solution for this, but then in exchange you'd get random freezes. This is a known issue already though.
(02-04-2010, 02:05 PM)Pringles Wrote:
(02-04-2010, 09:27 AM)Bositman Wrote: I bet you have all kinds of speed hacks on. Disable them and it will work fine. If not, use an older GSdx like the 0.1.14 release

I'd go with that^

I played Kingdom Hearts (1, Re:CoM, and 2) perfectly fine on my rig with no flashing menus at all. It's definitely related to settings you're currently using. The only real problem I had in a KH game was in Re:CoM, where the music would screw up randomly. Changing the Sound Plugin was a temporary solution for this, but then in exchange you'd get random freezes. This is a known issue already though.

Known solution is to skip those CGI cutscenes so it not freeze.
Yeah I had this problem before as well, but it just went away after a while, not sure why. Speed hacks can do that, though.