incredibly low fps on shadow of the colossus
so yeah. I'm getting about 40-50 fps on the loading screen. Great, except it's totally black at that point.

When it gets to the actual game, the fps drops to around 3-5.

Anyone got anything that I could do to get the fps up? I've tried frameskipping.
Anarchist. Writer. Biologist.
Yes, i've used search. And google.
Mod, super mod, admin, whatever; if you're a ***** to me then I'll argue with you.
ridiculous-ness count: 2

Sponsored links

So you didn't think your PC specs or PCSX2 and plugin settings are relevant to your problem? Because you didn't add any info capable of even remotely finding what's wrong.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
a hint : vu cycle stealing works very well with this game.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-14-2010, 07:57 PM)Bositman Wrote: So you didn't think your PC specs or PCSX2 and plugin settings are relevant to your problem? Because you didn't add any info capable of even remotely finding what's wrong.
So you didn't think being nice would be a good thing to do? I know you must get frustrated but come on, man. A simple "what specs have you got?" would do.

I'm on a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop,
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo T7250 processor
2GB RAM
Windows Vista 32-bit
Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

I know it's crappy, but it's run Persona 3 before pretty much flawlessly. I uninstalled pcsx2 and now I've reinstalled it, but i don't remember the configs, and this is obviously a different game.

and @jesalvein, thanks. I'll try that.
Mod, super mod, admin, whatever; if you're a ***** to me then I'll argue with you.
Nope no way you get good speeds with that rig on Shadow of Colossus. You can set GSdx on 'native' to prevent extra load on the onboard GMA but it won't help much. Processor is so-so as well.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
OK, great, thanks. I set it on native too, but that doesn't seem to work. And thanks for the change in tone.
too bad you tried on e of the most intesnive games under pcsx2.
Under 3.0 Ghz, your CPU won't be able to handle it if you wanna get playable fps.
Sorry
ahh, dammit. Can you give an example of less intensive games?
what games do you have, actually ?
well, shadow of the colossus, several old baseball games, i mostly play sotc or jade cocoon, but that's for ps1. splinter cell, fire warrior, FFX, guitar hero 2 & 3... that's pretty much the games i play more than once every 6 months right now Laugh