stuttering fmvs and gameplay
Ive been browsing the forums looking for a solution to this but what i seem to find is people saying my fps is low which to an extent is my problem as well but not completely

Maybe im just being fussy and this is something i need to put up with but i doubt it as i see videos on youtube of other peoples games running perfectly smooth.

Ok so the problems im having are that any game i load up stutters, the best way i can explain it is that during all cutscenes/fmvs i will get about 10 seconds of smooth video and then the video will "glitch" or pause for about 0.5 -1 seconds and then will play again for 10 seconds before "glitching/stuttering" for 0.5-1 seconds and this will repeat for the entire duration of the video.
TO try and be clear im getting 60 fps when i start watching then at random intervals that will drop to around 8-14 fps and then jump back up to 60 instantly and its very noticeable when the video hangs for that split second frequently you can tell that the video isnt playing smoothly

Another issue i have is with the sound randomly cutting out in the same way it would if you were listening to music through headphones and then you pulled the headphone jack out of the socket it just vanishes.

Running PCSX2 v0.9.6 on
CPU: Intel i7 920 @ 2.66Ghz
RAM: Corsair XMS3 6GB DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz
VIDEO CARD: ATi RADEON HD 4890 1GB DDR5

It is being run as an administrator but not in any compatability mode

The bios i have was obtained by dumping it to USB through the use of swapmagic 3.6 from my own ps2 scph-50003
i have updated DirectX using the microsoft page i was directed to from the configuration guide on the forums

ive attached screenshots of my settings if theres any other information which would be needed just say so but i think ive given pretty much everything i can think of right here.

This problem as i said is with any game ive tried but i know each game has its own settings to work best with if possible can some1 point me in the right direction to configure it to play FFX smoothly as thats the main one id like to enjoy.

hopefuly if i did this correctly you should see the settings ive got currently in the attachment    

Sponsored links

well try using r1888 and march plugins it works good in that game (and mostly better in most other games but not all) if u still get that thing after using those please post again Smile
Edit: if it even happens there u can still try the latest svn's cause there is a chance it maybe works better there (but we will not be able to help u with those but only with 0.9.6 and 1888 ^_^ )
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Use the latest beta and plugins, they're usually better and faster.
Not that your system's not fast enough. Smile

Are you playing off the disc? This has caused brief pauses for me, due to slower loading capabilities.
Try making ISOs of your games with an app like ImgBurn if you're trying to play from the Disc, not all DVD drives read the games smoothly and can cause those pauses.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I second the use of Imgburn. I've found it to be "The Best".
His system is fast enough the Intel i7 920 is a quad core(look at my specks. and i can run without any lag). i think it can handle FFX. In the latest svn there is a hack just for FFX video problems( you will have to find it yourself though ) Smile
Also i noticed on your settings that you had normal for frame limiting(use Limit instead)
Under EE hacks turn on 1.5 cycle and INTC hack
My final suggestion would be to increase the latency of the sound pluggin to around 200ms.(there can be sync issues on some games )
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
the FFX video problem started in the last 100 svn's, in 1888 it plays just fine. also if he has good speed there is no need to use speedhacks cause they do more bad than good (always if he has stable 50-60 fps depending on pal or ntsc game).
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
FFX is practically perfect without speedhacks (Native) on my system IIRC. naylh shouldn't need them by any means, especially when using the official latest beta/plugins.
I'll give all of that a shot

1st I'll look at adjusting the settings on what I'm using atm, if there's no change then I'll look at getting r1888 and the march plugins.
After that I'll make an iso using image burn, does pcsx2 have the abiliy to load isos or will I need a virtual drive like daemontools.

Cheers for all the replies
You can load the iso`s with pcsx2. i use linuz iso pluggin, but pcsx2 can load iso`s directly
But you really should use iso`s anyway, because they work smoother than using your drive( and save on wear )
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*