New to PCSX2
Hello,

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum but I didn't see a more appropriate one.

I'm new to PCSX2 and I was wondering what plugins I will need (if any) to be able to play a PS2 game (Final Fantasy X International) on 1920x1080 resolution.

I just got a new Samsung 50" 1080p plasma a few months ago. When I tried playing PS2 games from my console it looked like complete crap. So I did research and found I needed to use "component" cables on my PS2 as apposed to the default "composite" cables. I bought some new cables and the picture looks better, but it still runs on a low resolution and the image is a good 1" from the edge of screen on all sides. I tried numerous hacks and whatnot but they did nothing but give me headaches.

I came across this forum when I googled FFX 1080p and came across a screenshot of someone on this forum playing FFX in 1080p. I was blown away. So I decided to give this a shot.

I had a few questions.

1. Do I need any additional plugins to play on a 1920x1080 resolution? If so where can I find them.
2. Is it possible to out put the image on my HDTV instead of my laptop screen? If so, how?
3. Can you play games directly from your hard drive? I have ISO files, I'm not sure how to extract them or if I can just play the ISO.

Thats it for now, thanks.

Sponsored links

1. You don't need any additional plugins aside from the ones that come with pcsx2.
2. Link your laptop to your tv trough hdmi and set the tv as your monitor (don't use it as 2nd as it will make a bigger strain on the gpu).
3. You load the iso's trough linuz iso plugin included with pcsx2.
[Image: 1454055.png]
(05-15-2010, 07:58 PM)ChronicNL Wrote: 1. You don't need any additional plugins aside from the ones that come with pcsx2.
2. Link your laptop to your tv trough hdmi and set the tv as your monitor (don't use it as 2nd as it will make a bigger strain on the gpu).

Where do i find this Linuz iso plugin? Cannot seem to locate it.

Also, every time I load Pcsx2 it says "Pcsx2 needs to be configured". I changed graphics plugin from GSdx 890 (SSE2) to (SSE41) and it seems to load the program fine. However it doesn't remember this setting, and when I try to configure the plugin itself for the resolution and stuff, it doesn't save. Just goes back to defaults after I hit OK.

Hmm.

Appreciate the help Chronic!
If you are using Vista/Win7 you need to run as admin or install pcsx2 to a location you have rights to.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(05-15-2010, 08:10 PM)Nickerson Wrote:
(05-15-2010, 07:58 PM)ChronicNL Wrote: 1. You don't need any additional plugins aside from the ones that come with pcsx2.

Where do i find this Linuz iso plugin? Cannot seem to locate it.

Also, every time I load Pcsx2 it says "Pcsx2 needs to be configured". I changed graphics plugin from GSdx 890 (SSE2) to (SSE41) and it seems to load the program fine. However it doesn't remember this setting, and when I try to configure the plugin itself for the resolution and stuff, it doesn't save. Just goes back to defaults after I hit OK.

Hmm.

Appreciate the help Chronic!

What are your pc specs? it could very well be that your cpu doesn't support SSE4.1

As for the linuz plugin it's in pcsx2 by default like i said.
[Image: plugins.jpg]
Thanks found the Linuz plugin. Do i compress or decompress the iso's? Smile

I'm on a 2 year old HP laptop.

http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/hp-pavil...76278.html

EDIT: Also wanted to add GamerGeek was right. I needed to install in a location I had permission to run. Stupid Windows Vista -_-
I don't think the 8600M GS is enough to handle the 1080p.
You rip the iso's from your game disc and do nothing else to it.
You dont need to de/compress the iso. Just leave the linuz plugin on default then use "run iso image" from the pcsx2 menu.
On a side note, you probably wont be able to play ffx in full hd with that laptop. Using the latest beta and plugins with some speedhacks will give you the best possibility.
Specs:
Hmm says bios not found... I seem to remember now you need to get system bios...
You need to get bios from your ps2. I suggest you read the guide and then post back if you have any problems.
Specs: