HELP: configuring usb joypad for FF12?
can anyone please help me how to properly configure my controls for FF12

I am using USB generic gamepad.Which I have used for my other games and they all worked.

How can I configure it so that pcsx2 wont treat my analog inputs(right and left) as DPAD and cross ,square,triangle,circle.

*some games treat both the analogs and the dpad as one and the other respectively..

but in FF12....the right analog is for camera
left for moving ingame
cross,circle.triangle,square for menu,cancel etc.
and dpad for selecting items or skills when you press X.

and that is my problem.
how to set the analogs to be different from other input buttons.

thanks..

if you can please post image of your setting
[Image: 14400006.gif]

Blink hey am i under surveillance?

Sponsored links

First, use lilypad as your pad plugin. Second, go to the pad plugin setting and click Pad 1, and in there, you can set your buttons however you want.
Also, you can save your special bindings and original bindings so that when you play the game you don't have to reset everything again.

Actually, I don't quite understand why the way the buttons are being set in FF12 is a problem. I think it is quite convenient in the way that you can move and do some other actions in the same time.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
i am using lilypad,,but when in the pad 1 tab

when i configure this happens
if i press "cross" then press "x (my joypad)" the binding will be placed in the in the bindings list

then if i configure right analog stick down and press my right anlag down the key in the bindings list of my x button would be overwritten with "R-stick down"""

see?

You may want to check your controller first( control panel >>>game controllers) to see if all your bottons are working properly.
*sigh as ive said it works with all of my games this is only because ff12 has different ways in controls

You probably configured something wrong, show us a pic of your Lilypad settings and bindings.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
heres the main lilypad tab
[Image: 19900874.th.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

heres the pad 1 if i configure my circle triangel square cross from my joypad and d pad

[Image: 44550076.th.jpg]

and heres what happens if i configure the analog sticks....see it overwrites what ive configure with dpad or the (cross button etc)

[Image: 11490023.th.jpg]

see?my cross button was overwritten when i configure my right analog stick _down

That looks like a really old lilypad.....use the one comes with the 0.9.7 beta and see if the problem is still present.
ill post my settings for 0.9.7,,but its the same..this is my settings for 0.9.7

heres my .0.9.7 lilypad config..
note that its all axis's becuase if i configure my d pad or the cross triangle whateva this keys will be overriden...help
thats why theres no triangle or cross there ok

[Image: asdof.jpg]