CDVD plugin fails to open
Sad 
I downloaded the Beta version of PCSX2 (.9.7)
However I can't get FFX to run.
When I select Boot CDVD (Full/fast), I get the error:
"CDVD Plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers."
The ISO file isn't mounted anywhere (Such as a virtual drive), and I have "ISO" selected in the CDVD menu.
In the CDVD Plugin I have tried each one with no avail, but currently I have it set to Linuz ISO CDVD.

My Specs:
8 GB RAM
GPU: GTX465
Processor: Quad Core AMD Phenom™ 2 X4 820 processor at 2.8 GHZ
Windows 7 64bit
I have the Latest Drivers for my GPU as well.

Sponsored links

(07-08-2010, 07:11 PM)Complete Wrote: and I have "ISO" selected in the CDVD menu.

Try setting it to "Plugin", then configure a CDVD plugin to point to your FFX.iso as normally. Maybe that helps Tongue2
(07-08-2010, 07:42 PM)rama Wrote: Try setting it to "Plugin", then configure a CDVD plugin to point to your FFX.iso as normally. Maybe that helps Tongue2

I get a Window to open, but it stays white, giving me the error, "Failed to load C:\Desktop\FFX.iso"
Then after that I get the Plugin error after that.
Maybe I'm loading it wrong, but don't you go to Plugin/CDVD/Configure, then I press "Select Iso" and then ok?
Make sure nothing else is using the .iso file, make a brand new ISO if necessary. Does the game work from the original disc?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(07-08-2010, 07:53 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Make sure nothing else is using the .iso file, make a brand new ISO if necessary. Does the game work from the original disc?

It works on my PS2, but I don't have any CD/DVD drives on this PC.
I had to extract them from another PC, and transfer via external.
Do PS1 Discs work in PCSX2?
I could try to run one of those on my other PC and see if it is a Program or Disc issue.
I feel like such an idiot for this but I have been trying to get pcsx2 working on my computer for a day and a half with FF12 and I just got it working because of this thread so this fixed all my problems. Yea we all have to learn somewhere though.