NFS Underground 2 HELP!
(05-13-2013, 07:56 PM)davew_uk Wrote: I have NFS Underground 2 running at near full speed on a 2.4ghz Q6600 (overclocked to 2.8ghz with SetFSB). As you can see, its not a powerful CPU.

Enable hardware hacks in your GSDX settings, then set Skipdraw to 1. This should stop the game from bogging down to a crawl. You should also enable 8-bit textures. I also recommend turning speedhacks on and finding some settings that work for you (I use EE stealing=3 and VU stealing=1 but I turn off MTVU as it seems to cause problems in this game).

The big issue with this game is the motion blur, it's awful and you cannot get rid of it with skipdraw in the regular GSDx.

If you use the GSDx "cutie" plugin instead you can use skiptex and skiplayers to get rid of it, but it does cause other artifacts.

Of all the NFS titles this is the one that gave me the most trouble Blink

Hi davew,i installed set fsb & tried to overclock my laptop.
But i could not find PLL number of my motherboard.
I tried to open my laptop to find Pll number on my motherboard,but it was very complicated.i only succeded in opening upper part.
Can u tell me any software that can tell me which Pll number i have? Btw i tried all Pll numbers in set fsb,but none worked !!

Sponsored links

I really would advise against overclocking a laptop.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-14-2013, 01:26 PM)refraction Wrote: I really would advise against overclocking a laptop.

yeah i appreciate u'r advice refraction.but i want to only overclock it a little bit from 2.10 to 2.30 atleast.
I know laptops cause more overheating if overclocked.
But mine isn't heating much.so i think it'll be okay.
Let's Come to the topic,if anybody tell me how to Find Pll number of my motherboard.i'll very thankfull to that person.plz not advice u should not overclock a laptop blah blah.....!
I know what i'm doing.also not advice me to open my laptop.because i already attempted to open it.but it was very complicated.
I don't know which screw to open or what to do next.
I was only able to open it's upper part.there was nothing except some chips & a silver plate thing.
My laptop Is Asus K54L Notebook Pc.
Thanks in advance For u'r help Smile
(05-14-2013, 02:46 PM)Preet Wrote: I know what i'm doing.

That computer has an ivybridge i3 in it, you cannot overclock Ivybridge cpu's unless you get the K models.

If you truely knew what you were doing, you'd know this already.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-14-2013, 03:11 PM)refraction Wrote: That computer has an ivybridge i3 in it, you cannot overclock Ivybridge cpu's unless you get the K models.

You can OC the non K models. I found this video of some guy OC'ing a 3570 no K and he got up 4.3ghz on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm97HHIKw6k
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
Quote:Can u tell me any software that can tell me which Pll number i have? Btw i tried all Pll numbers in set fsb,but none worked !!

I'm afraid I don't know of any software that could automatically do that. If you've tried them all already and nothing worked it seems like your PLL is probably not supported?

Unfortunately, I do have to say that even if you do manage to get SetFSB or Throttlestop or other such software-based overclocking solutions to work, you will then have other problems such as timing issues. Read this for more details:-

http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-s...fixed.html

I should also point out that you will run into a hard limit of how far you can overclock - your RAM will give up long before the CPU does, for example. My RAM is clocked at 5:4 of the FSB freq and crashes hard if I go over 312-ish (giving a DRAM freq of 400). It got pretty hairy while I was testing I can tell you, sometimes I thought the PC would never boot again. My PC is nearly five years old and pretty much end of life though so I had nothing to lose. YMMV.

Cheers
Dave
(05-14-2013, 03:11 PM)refraction Wrote: That computer has an ivybridge i3 in it, you cannot overclock Ivybridge cpu's unless you get the K models.

nope it's not ivy bridge,it's sandy bridge dual core cpu.
& it's Asus K54L model.

(05-14-2013, 04:09 PM)davew_uk Wrote: I'm afraid I don't know of any software that could automatically do that. If you've tried them all already and nothing worked it seems like your PLL is probably not supported?

Unfortunately, I do have to say that even if you do manage to get SetFSB or Throttlestop or other such software-based overclocking solutions to work, you will then have other problems such as timing issues. Read this for more details:-

http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-s...fixed.html

I should also point out that you will run into a hard limit of how far you can overclock - your RAM will give up long before the CPU does, for example. My RAM is clocked at 5:4 of the FSB freq and crashes hard if I go over 312-ish (giving a DRAM freq of 400). It got pretty hairy while I was testing I can tell you, sometimes I thought the PC would never boot again. My PC is nearly five years old and pretty much end of life though so I had nothing to lose. YMMV.

Cheers
Dave

yeah i know i Googled it & found no software to find Pll number of Motherboard.
So set fsb have problems with overclocking & i already tried all Pll numbers in it.
I'll wait till it updated with my Pll motherboard number & fix some bugs also or i'll search another overclocking utility which support my cpu Smile
Refraction was mistaken since that laptop has variants with the dual core and the i3.

And although you said your laptop isnt heating up too much atm, the slightest increase (even 200mhz) has the potential to fry your cpu or motherboard. Your a fool if you think an amateur such as yourself (who really has no clue what hes doing if you find the internals of a laptop confusing) will have no risk of damaging your hardware by doing so.

Regardless, easiest way to obtain your pll number is to open up your laptop properly. You will be hard pressed to find it out any other way.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
Dante i not said before.but now it's too much !!
Don't think u're smartest in the world Angry i know what i'm doing.i'm& i'm not a fool u moron.i'm new to laptop world.first time i opened a laptop.i opened it half,but then i unable to figure it out.
Don't reply to any of my post in the future.just Shut Down !!
well, have a warning for flaming.
@Dante : please watch your tone too. Even if you didn't flame as Preet did, your last post was on the borderline.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go