Game was playable and without any changes, now it's not.
I have a strange kind of a problem. When I installed the pcsx2 1.0.0 version some days ago and tried to play Tales of the Abyss everything was fine.
But now for some reason I don't know it's back to around 30 fps during the whole game. Even the controller settings got kind of messed up and I didn't even do anything with the settings. I also tried all the recommended settings for Tales of the Abyss and some other but nothing worked. I even deleted pcsx2 and installed it again and had several restarts but nothing helped.
I'm a bit frustrated now and would like to know what happened and what I could do?

Sponsored links

We too would like to know, starting with what are the machine specs, the used speed hacks, the general information which could help to understand what could happen.

My character was alive yesterday when playing Borderlands w, then he died, what happened?
Imagination is where we are truly real
I'm sorry, I'm a little new to this.

pcsx2 runs on default settings, so:
Speedhacks:
INTC Spin Detection
Wait Loop Detection
mVU Flag Hack
EE 1
VU 0

machine specs:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM [email protected] 2.20 GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
Win7 64-bit

(Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 8104 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 07)
CPU speed = 2.193 ghz (8 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 1fbae3bf
x86EFlags = 28100000
) : what pcsx2 says.

Is there more I could provide you with? Sorry again that I didn't think of writing this before.
(05-23-2013, 12:32 AM)TalesSin Wrote: I'm sorry, I'm a little new to this.

pcsx2 runs on default settings, so:
Speedhacks:
INTC Spin Detection
Wait Loop Detection
mVU Flag Hack
EE 1
VU 0

machine specs:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM [email protected] 2.20 GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
Win7 64-bit

(Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 8104 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 07)
CPU speed = 2.193 ghz (8 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 1fbae3bf
x86EFlags = 28100000
) : what pcsx2 says.

Is there more I could provide you with? Sorry again that I didn't think of writing this before.

Nope, all good information. In speed hacks, I don't see you have "MTVU" enabled (or at least listed). Especially on a slower clock rate laptops with more than 2 cores, MTVU will give a substantial boost. I'd imagine that had been enabled at one point if the game was running fine before.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(05-23-2013, 12:39 AM)Koji Wrote: Nope, all good information. In speed hacks, I don't see you have "MTVU" enabled (or at least listed). Especially on a slower clock rate laptops with more than 2 cores, MTVU will give a substantial boost. I'd imagine that had been enabled at one point if the game was running fine before.

Indeed, that's enough information, the specs say the machine is a bit slow so to be able to run without speedhacks help, besides that game is reported as having some emulation issues which may cause problems in certain parts, if happening you may want come back for specifics, but to the current problem Koji's recommendations are valid and probably enough.

PS: Still, if not resolving, the problem could be in Windows Power saving in an aggressive set, that is more common to happen with Intel CPUs but could affect AMD also. In this case the recommendation is using a "Performance" power plan while playing with PCSX2 and remembering to return it to the former plan afterwards to increase battery time.

Edit: Sorry, I was still under the former thread impression where the processor was an AMD APU A10, yours being Intel makes that power saving issue highly probable case is not just a Speedhacks lacking.
Make sure your laptop is set to high performance mode. Sometimes Windows updates cause your power management settings to reset.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Sorry I didn't see your post while updating my previous one, DaTankAC. But may be good idea recommending to return to a save plan afterwards when is laptop.
Intsall pcsx2 r5622 svn from here >> http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2

i have some kind of problems with keyboard & gamepad controls before.
But now they solved in r5622 svn.
About fps first enable recommended speedhacks & of course Mtvu hack if have 3+ cores.
If still low fps increase sliders to 1-1 in both EE & VU tab.slightly increase sliders till they not break u'r game or cause any problem Smile
also check the temperature of your cpu, as it's a laptop it's more prone to throttling.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thank you very much guys!

The problem is solved! It was just the power management.
Now I feel really stupid .___."

But you all can't believe how thankful I am to all of you!