Need help if possible.
(05-27-2013, 01:29 AM)RaikouPB Wrote: I did what you said, but it didn't ask me if I wished to change the extension, it just went straight to it. Same problem Sad.
[Image: 5f424e50006ac53344c97e61f0bd18af.png]

It's marked at portable.ini.txt, erase the .txt and if it asks you about changing the extension say yes. If it doesn't ask and automatically renames it, there is something else screwy going on in windows.
[Image: 2748844.png]

Sponsored links

You need to remove the .txt part after .ini, then it will ask if you want to change the extension Smile
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
I didnt get people with such a low level in computer knowledge would even try to fiddle with pcsx2 Blink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
rather than bothering with this stubborn portable.ini.txt file, just open notepad, leave it blank, press file, save as, go to the pcsx2 folder and name it portable.ini (while still in the save as window)
(05-27-2013, 07:48 AM)jesalvein Wrote: I didnt get people with such a low level in computer knowledge would even try to fiddle with pcsx2 Blink

They expect it to be as simple as other emulators like VBA for example, where its as simple as download and play. Hell even epsxe needs next to no configuration these days.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
(05-27-2013, 08:33 AM)Dante3hs Wrote: They expect it to be as simple as other emulators like VBA for example, where its as simple as download and play. Hell even epsxe needs next to no configuration these days.

Yeah I didn't know a thing about the emulator (didn't expect it to be like VBA though haha) when I first dled it but the config isn't that bad if you just read the guides from the team after that its just trial and error
CPU: Core i7 3610QM 2.30GHz (Turbo up to 3.10GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670m 3gb
RAM: 16gb ddr3
[Image: images.jpg]
@All of the above, I know, I'm quite useless when it comes to this, it is completely out of what I am used to. The VBA example is completely accurate.

It now works. Thanks a huge amount for your support. I hope to improve my knowledge of the software in the near future! Really appreciative for your time, thanks!
(05-27-2013, 07:48 AM)jesalvein Wrote: I didnt get people with such a low level in computer knowledge would even try to fiddle with pcsx2 Blink

It's simple for people like us who play with these things regularly and especially because we're on the forums helping people with these problems regularly.

That said, there shouldn't be a "technical knowledge" barrier to trying to play PCSX2, and even if an issue seems small to us, it can be a real stumbling block to someone else. We shouldn't have to belittle or make someone pass a basic computer literacy test to give them any help they need.
[Image: 2748844.png]