Ys the ark of Napishtim bug?
I'm using pcsx2 1.1.0 r5576. System specs are Win7 professional 64 bit, 12GB ram, CPU is an i7-3770 3.4GHZ graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce GT 620.

The bug i'm running into is that in The Ruins of Amnesia(following a walkthrough) if i grab the Eldian orb item from the optional boss's room and exit with it(if you die there you just get restarted in the room) I wind up not having the orb after exiting the boss room(the chest remains open anyway)

I tend to die(have a save before this problem) at least a couple of times getting the orb and getting out of the room, but that doesn't reset the chest, so i'm not real sure why i'm not retaining the item after exiting the optional boss's room.

All walkthroughs i can find reccomend getting the Eldian orb at this point in the story and not trying to fight that optional boss til later. I'm wondering if its some kind of emulation glitch possibly thats causing me to not retain the item after leaving the room. I am not using save states.

Sponsored links

(11-19-2013, 05:01 AM)rmcin329 Wrote: I'm using pcsx2 1.1.0 r5576. System specs are Win7 professional 64 bit, 12GB ram, CPU is an i7-3770 3.4GHZ graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce GT 620.

The bug i'm running into is that in The Ruins of Amnesia(following a walkthrough) if i grab the Eldian orb item from the optional boss's room and exit with it(if you die there you just get restarted in the room) I wind up not having the orb after exiting the boss room(the chest remains open anyway)

I tend to die(have a save before this problem) at least a couple of times getting the orb and getting out of the room, but that doesn't reset the chest, so i'm not real sure why i'm not retaining the item after exiting the optional boss's room.

All walkthroughs i can find reccomend getting the Eldian orb at this point in the story and not trying to fight that optional boss til later. I'm wondering if its some kind of emulation glitch possibly thats causing me to not retain the item after leaving the room. I am not using save states.

Try using save states and making it all the way and back without the orb. Just to make sure that's not what's messing it up. Other than that, I don't have the game to try.

Also, what are your PCSX2 settings? I'm sure you aren't using any speedhacks beyond the default ones with that setup, right?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
The only speedhack i have turned on is MTVU for the 3rd core. I had already thought of trying to use save states for what you suggested, however i have been unable to make it back without a minimum of at least 1 death. Not being able to jump, mixed with him having a couple of HUGE area based attacks(the room is very tiny) and him 1 shotting me, all make it nearly impossible to accomplish. The guide i'm following says that if you die just keep trying over and over, since you get to restart in the boss room(anywhere else would result in being forced to load last save file), so long as i open the chest and then leave. However this always results in the Eldian orb not being with me. I cannot try to check my inventory for it whilst in the boss room, since i cannot open my inventory if i'm in the presence of a boss.

EDIT
I'm using the gsdx 5580 graphics plugin, set to D3D11 hardware mode, weave bff saw tooth for interlacing, native resolution and texture filtering is turned on. Audio plugin is SPU2-X r5559 on default settings. Lilypad r5403 plugin for controller, set up to use my wired xbox 360 controller and thats about it. Not using any cheats with the game, so i know thats not the problem either.
(11-19-2013, 05:27 AM)rmcin329 Wrote: The only speedhack i have turned on is MTVU for the 3rd core. I had already thought of trying to use save states for what you suggested, however i have been unable to make it back without a minimum of at least 1 death. Not being able to jump, mixed with him having a couple of HUGE area based attacks(the room is very tiny) and him 1 shotting me, all make it nearly impossible to accomplish. From what the guides say, it shouldn't matter even if i die 20 times, so long as i open the chest and then leave. However this always results in the Eldian orb not being with me. I cannot try to check my inventory for it whilst in the boss room, since i cannot open my inventory if i'm in the presence of a boss.

As a workaround, could you use a cheat to give it to yourself? Even if you don't like to cheat, like me, if you make it through the room fair and square I wouldn't consider it cheating. I dunno if there is a cheat to get it though.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
It does look like the action replay max has a code to that i could try to get the item that way. However i prefer to avoid cheating if at all possible. I could just come back later when i can beat this optional boss normally, but the whole point of getting the item before fighting him is that it makes the fight a whole lot easier in the first place, plus who knows i might want to use it during the rest of the story too(this is an early dungeon but the optional boss is basically the very last optional boss in the game, though i don't know why the heck they put him in this dungeon in the first place) I'm around level 23 or so, you aren't supposed to fight this boss until about level 60(the maximum)
to me this sounds more like a bug of the game... Are there more chests close to you? Maybe the problem is solved if you get another item from a chest.
^

I agree at this point. I can't imagine how settings could cause this in any way, and your setup is plenty adequate, but again, I can't see that causing it. If you are sure it's not from dying, then I'd go to
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Forum-Bug-reporting and make a proper bug report.

Make sure to read the guide on how to do that first:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Ho...RE-posting
The item is a 1 of a kind accessory, this is the only chest with the Eldian orb.