removing cheat will not work because i already saved

Sponsored links

(12-29-2013, 08:56 PM)looprevil Wrote: is there anyway to undo/remove cheat

i did a big mistake and put a PAL pnach file into a NTSC game

and now the game is unstable

using PCSX2 1.0.0 (r5350)

what did i try

removing cheat will not work because i already saved

Did you try removing it? And it was still unstable?

Hopefully you have an older save to fall back onto.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-29-2013, 08:57 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Did you try removing it? And it was still ?

Hopefully you have an older save to fall back onto.

yes and the game still unstable

i have an older save but if there a way to undo the cheat
you will be saving me from 5 hour of playing
I think it might be possible, but it would also take about 5 hours of work or more. It would be looking at your cheat, seeing which values it modified and how and if they cascaded through memory. Then looking at the memory with cheat engine or something and trying to restore it. That's a lot of work too

Sad

Sorry
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-29-2013, 09:18 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I think it might be possible, but it would also take about 5 hours of work or more. It would be looking at your cheat, seeing which values it modified and how and if they cascaded through memory. Then looking at the memory with cheat engine or something and trying to restore it. That's a lot of work too

Sad

Sorry

will gonna give up on this one

but im somewhat interested in what are you talking about

is there a tutorial or something
Not specifically. A cheat modifies memory addresses in the game. You used the wrong cheat which modified the wrong ones. The idea would be to find what was changed and changed it back. You could use a program like CheatEngine to view/modify the memory while the game is running.

This sounds easy enough, but since some values in memory are copied to/added to/multiplied by other values, you have no idea what manner of changes you have cascaded through the game.

In short, it's only a long shot anyway, and it would just be as much work as doing it over.

Losing a save sucks. But there is another possibility. Depending on the game and whether or not you mind using someone else save, there is a good chance that someone has either posted a save on our forums near where you were, or I can find one online and convert it.
(12-29-2013, 09:37 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Not specifically. A cheat modifies memory addresses in the game. You used the wrong cheat which modified the wrong ones. The idea would be to find what was changed and changed it back. You could use a program like CheatEngine to view/modify the memory while the game is running.

This sounds easy enough, but since some values in memory are copied to/added to/multiplied by other values, you have no idea what manner of changes you have cascaded through the game.

In short, it's only a long shot anyway, and it would just be as much work as doing it over.

Losing a save sucks. But there is another possibility. Depending on the game and whether or not you mind using someone else save, there is a good chance that someone has either posted a save on our forums near where you were, or I can find one online and convert it.

no thank you but i well be playing with my old saveBlush
thanks againSmile
(12-29-2013, 09:30 PM)looprevil Wrote: but im somewhat interested in what are you talking about

is there a tutorial or something

Here is not a tutorial, but just FYI.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Kingdom-H...#pid336263
(12-29-2013, 10:21 PM)tadatada Wrote: Here is not a tutorial, but just FYI.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Kingdom-H...#pid336263

thanks it worked
and now the game work fine
The first step is disabling the cheat and running to the nearest save point. Sstates will keep the memory's change due to the cheat even when it is gone. the memcard save rebuilds the game from scratch so, other than the cheats affecting characters status (which are saved) all the other will be gone.

This might resolve the problem of stability.
Imagination is where we are truly real