PCSX2 Vsync problem. Help Please.
Hi, I´m new using the PCSX2 and I have a little but substacial issue.
I´m trying to emulate Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Capcom vs SNK 2, I have it in my PS3 but it´s no the same like I played in my old, and now died PS2. MVC2 looks great in PS3 but the layout buttons doesn’t fit for me, and the CVS2 look no so good and have speed issues. So that´s why I´m trying to emulated them.

So, I have actually all setup, I´ve using the Asmodean Shader, the last one, and sprites with the Gaussinan Filter look very very good. Everything looked perfect, then I just noticed that the controls looks laggy, first look for the pad plugin but the in my research lol I found that the problem was the no true fullscreen of the PCSX2. I´m using window 8 and there´s a way to disable the aero, the desktop composition, dwm.exe, not than easy like in windows 7. Any way I managed to do that and get rid off the lag. Once again everything looks perfect, zero lag, playability 100%.

So, my current problem is that I see a line in the half of the screen, looks like when you have vsync off in the PC games and the fps go above your screen refresh rate. So i´ve tried to check the box of Vsync in the PCSX2 window GS, but doesn´t work, also i´ve tried enabled thru RadeonPro and D3Doverrrider and doesn´t work either. So now I ask for your help because i´m out of ideas.

Sorry for my English, I´ll appreciate all help you can give me. I have a 7950 vapor-x by the way.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored links

i am not sure about this but I think vsync is not related to your current problem.
What kind of screen do you have that its framerate is outmaxed by your gpu?

Also what is your current framerate? Is it above normal speed (50/60Fps) ?

Have you tried playing withouth any filters/native resolution/software mode?
It occurs to me that what is causing this issue could actually be your disabling of dwm. In Windows Vista and higher, DWM when using the aero theme(and thus DirectX 10+) forces vsync on the whole desktop. You are likely disabling this when you close it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-17-2014, 09:35 PM)willkuer Wrote: i am not sure about this but I think vsync is not related to your current problem.
What kind of screen do you have that its framerate is outmaxed by your gpu?

Also what is your current framerate? Is it above normal speed (50/60Fps) ?

Have you tried playing withouth any filters/native resolution/software mode?

I have this in my HTPC and my screen is a Sharp 60 in. The framerate that shows the afterburning goes to 59.9 to 60.5 fps, sometimes that line doesn´t show, tipically when my fps is below 60. I tried to set the framelimiter to 59-58 fps but that just seems to be worst, the line always shows up.

And I haven´t tried playing without any filters/native resolution. The sofware mode I´m not sure, i tried to change the plugin to SS4 to AVX but there´s no diference. Or is about the render, I set de render to Hardware DX11.

I just thought that this could be a Vsync issue because I´ve seen that kind of lines in PC games when the Vsync is off and the fps go above 60, but I don´t know.

Thanks for the replie.
(01-17-2014, 09:55 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: It occurs to me that what is causing this issue could actually be your disabling of dwm. In Windows Vista and higher, DWM when using the aero theme(and thus DirectX 10+) forces vsync on the whole desktop. You are likely disabling this when you close it.

Hi, yes, I know that enable the DWM forces Vsync, i disable because get me a terrible lag, an with a bad vsync, i have to use radeonpro to use triplebufer and the game run smooth, but just add more lag, the problem with the game is I and my brothers play at full speed and with this amount of lag it doesn´t feel good.

Actually I have other games like GoW and GoW II, in that kind of games that amount of lag doesn´t have much impact, but it does in MVC2 and CvS2.
What exactly are your PC specs just telling use your GPU dont help. Also desktop composition cant be disabled in win8 short of killing the process controling (which probably not good idea cause it controls more then just the composition), as such leave vsync option off in pcsx2 as it already on.

Now is this tearing or just line cause there difference from TEARING (picture becomes miss aligned)and a LINE (also you will have tearing regardless if your fps is above refresh rate bellow or if it stay at your refresh rate if vsync is off)
(01-17-2014, 10:12 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: What exactly are your PC specs just telling use your GPU dont help. Also desktop composition cant be disabled in win8 short of killing the process controling (which probably not good idea cause it controls more then just the composition), as such leave vsync option off in pcsx2 as it already on.

Now is this tearing or just line cause there difference from TEARING (picture becomes miss aligned)and a LINE (also you will have tearing regardless if your fps is above refresh rate bellow or if it stay at your refresh rate if vsync is off)

Hi, well I have a i5 3450, 7950 Vapor-X, 8 GB Ram, and 2 TB HDD, i don´t know what else need to know.

What i do to disable the desktop composition is that I create a bat file that kills explorer, then supend the winlogon, kills dwm.exe and launch the game, after the emulator in close, unsuspend the winlogon.exe and run dwm.exe. And doing that, believe me, zero lag and the playing expirence feels soo good. But now the problem with the line.

To be honest, i didn´t want to call it tearing because the I´m not sure if it is, looks like tearing, but the line always shows in the half of the screen, the tearing i´ve seen in pc games those lines shows random.

I´ve read somewhere else that this problem is about the gs plugin, but the post was from 2011 and that why i ask you if you know something about this issue.
(01-17-2014, 10:28 PM)Lukin Wrote: Hi, well I have a i5 3450, 7950 Vapor-X, 8 GB Ram, and 2 TB HDD, i don´t know what else need to know.

What i do to disable the desktop composition is that I create a bat file that kills explorer, then supend the winlogon, kills dwm.exe and launch the game, after the emulator in close, unsuspend the winlogon.exe and run dwm.exe. And doing that, believe me, zero lag and the playing experience feels soo good. But now the problem with the line.

To be honest, i didn´t want to call it tearing because the I´m not sure if it is, looks like tearing, but the line always shows in the half of the screen, the tearing i´ve seen in pc games those lines shows random.

I´ve read somewhere else that this problem is about the gs plugin, but the post was from 2011 and that why i ask you if you know something about this issue.

Simple solution to the Line is take screen shot of it. If it appears in the screen shot then it is not tearing.

As for the input lag, dont know I wrong person to ask about that as I dont see input lag in anything with vsync on mostly cause I never run anything with out vsync on short of the frame rate becoming so slow that i do notice which very rare, and that not even input lag
(01-17-2014, 10:35 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: Simple solution to the Line is take screen shot of it. If it appears in the screen shot then it is not tearing.

As for the input lag, dont know I wrong person to ask about that as I dont see input lag in anything with vsync on mostly cause I never run anything with out vsync on short of the frame rate becoming so slow that i do notice which very rare, and that not even input lag

I´m not at home but later I´ll take the screen shot and replie.

I have a lot of emulators and all run smoth and the lag input never was an issue. I have de Capcom vs SNK 2 EO in the Dolphin and the game run so smooth an zero lag that i thought that the version in the PCSX2 has to run similar. So for CVS2 have the Dolphin, althoug the PCSX2 looks better, in the dolphin version some color looks yellowish and the blacks looks no so good. So that´s why I´m trying to get the eyecandy with the version of PCSX2 and is my only playable option for MVSC2. Laugh