GOW 2 slow as hell in GSdx SOFTWARE mode.
Yep, I am.
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

Sponsored links

(02-24-2009, 10:34 PM)kikirikon Wrote:
(02-24-2009, 07:50 PM)Gentleman Wrote: I know but look at this thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3899.html This guy claims he gets 50fps average in software mode.......... Is that a joke ??
(02-24-2009, 07:50 PM)VeaaC Wrote: Are you sure that you did not build the debug version by accident?

What is your final filesize?
GSdx SVN 570: 953kb. It is not a debug version.

If I claimed I just jumped from the 15th floor, would you believe me? Of course he lies! 50 FPS on any game in software mode is... Blink
You can only play a few games at 50 FPS with a mediocre 2 core CPU and a good graphics card on hardware mode.. So, how do you expect software mode to bring up such speeds?!

That's not quite true. While that user is for sure lying about GoW2, software mode isn't always slower than ass. I get a near-constant 60 fps in Shadow Hearts in DX10 software mode (yes, even in the jumping through the roof of the train). So software mode has it's exceptions.
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\
Interesting; I can get battles in FFX to run 60fps in DX9 (that's right, 9; I don't use Vista) in Software Mode on 1.14! And I only have a Pentium Core 2 Duo Q6600! If no one believes it, I could post a screenshot.....wait, make that 50-52FPS.
Errrr.. This is about GOW2. Now it is possible to achieve full speed with Software mode in other less demanding games, this is no news.

Back to topic: I was testing GOW2 in Hardware mode, there are times that the green screen disappears and everything gets nice:

Damn... Why this green screen of hell has to exist... Mellow The speed is awesome too in hardware mode... This game is very close to be nicely playable..

Gentleman:
This monent on your screen isnt gameplay, it's a video. Smile
Intel Core i7-5820K [email protected] / Crucial 2x8Gb DDR4-2133 / MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G / Windows 7 SP1 RTM x64
Yep.. Too bad. Smile Someone definitively needs to get rid of this green screen, omg...

just tested GoW2 in software mode, for the heck of it, and got about 30fps in the first fight scene (every speed option i could find, turned on). My cpu is e8400 @ 3ghz, i guess it isnt too far fetched for you to expect 40+ fps, with your overclock. Btw, it was highly unstable Smile

as VeaaC posted, it is possible to activate multiple rendering threads in gsdx software mode. I guess it would be possible to play gow2 at 50-60fps with a quad @ 3200-3600, which is basically a miracle if you ask me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@Mird99: Weird. The max I can get is between 14-20Fps in Software mode... Are u using VU skip or something? I must be doing something wrong in here. Can u post your settings, please? Smile

I can attest to the fact that having multiple render threads using my Quad Core provides a huuuuge speed boost while in Software Mode. I'll try to get a copy of God of War 2 to try out and see what happens.
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\
(02-24-2009, 01:22 PM)Gentleman Wrote: Hi guys. So.. I heard some guy talking he was able to get 49 FPS in GOW2 with GSDX10 in software mode.. So I decided to test it. But That's all the speed I could get (8FPS):

Is there any special configuration to get all those 49 FPS in GSdx SOFTWARE mode ?! Or is it ***** ?

EDIT: Just to make things clear... In HARDWARE mode on GSdx it is possible to achieve 50FPS, but then there is the bloody green screen bug:

I really have my doubts about getting 50 FPS is SOFTWARE mode.. This sounds like ***** to me. So feel free to prove it otherwise.

you seem silly but it seems that if you're running the god of war, gsdx Japanese hardware and bios mode the game is no longer green
(02-26-2009, 12:08 PM)paixa Wrote:
(02-24-2009, 01:22 PM)Gentleman Wrote: Hi guys. So.. I heard some guy talking he was able to get 49 FPS in GOW2 with GSDX10 in software mode.. So I decided to test it. But That's all the speed I could get (8FPS):

Is there any special configuration to get all those 49 FPS in GSdx SOFTWARE mode ?! Or is it ***** ?

EDIT: Just to make things clear... In HARDWARE mode on GSdx it is possible to achieve 50FPS, but then there is the bloody green screen bug:

I really have my doubts about getting 50 FPS is SOFTWARE mode.. This sounds like ***** to me. So feel free to prove it otherwise.

you seem silly but it seems that if you're running the god of war, gsdx Japanese hardware and bios mode the game is no longer green

Japanese bios