annoying lines
using MSAA?

Sponsored links

(02-14-2014, 05:50 AM)Coma Wrote: Yes I know unfortunately, what I meant its it looks better on a old TV when its near unplayable on a lcd.
The only solution is to do a remake of the game, I guess its the same for stretched UI in 4:3 adapted to 16:9.

Actually, a simpler solution would be to be able to replace textures within PCSX2 as Dolphin does with GameCube and Wii games. I say "simpler" in a relative sense. Tongue
(02-14-2014, 06:06 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: using MSAA?

I tried that solution myself while trying to fix my own problem with unwelcome line artifacts. Unfortunately it doesn't improve anything. The lines appear whether you upscale the internal resolution or apply MSAA.

What might help is more options for post-processing AA. The included FXAA option doesn't seem to make much difference in sharpening up the image, at least on my computer. But something like SMAA at varying multiples could do the trick.

I don't know a lot about AA in general, but my understanding is that post-processing AA techniques like SMAA should be perfectly compatible with every PS2 game, with none of the line artifacts.
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1
Intel i7 3770K @3.5ghz
Nvidia GTX 680
16 gigs RAM
Well am using MSAA x4 dosen't seem to help with the lines but does make it looks smooth
(02-14-2014, 06:14 PM)ThreeSon Wrote: I tried that solution myself while trying to fix my own problem with unwelcome line artifacts. Unfortunately it doesn't improve anything. The lines appear whether you upscale the internal resolution or apply MSAA.

What might help is more options for post-processing AA. The included FXAA option doesn't seem to make much difference in sharpening up the image, at least on my computer. But something like SMAA at varying multiples could do the trick.

I don't know a lot about AA in general, but my understanding is that post-processing AA techniques like SMAA should be perfectly compatible with every PS2 game, with none of the line artifacts.

This is mostly something that will work with 3D polygons, not 2D models.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yeah, FXAA would affect 2D though, since it's kind of a shader effect. But it would probably just make the lines blurrier; it wouldn't eliminate them.
ohh my. AA won't fix this. this is not a fullscreen issue. this is a bilinear filter artefact. a texturing problem. the pixels locations are not 1on1 anymore when upscaled. the lines and artefact are from the next letters in the gui font's texture map. i got an idea how to fix it with a geometry shader - it's just recalibrating the lower and right end of the texture coordinates when rendering the font or sprites. it would introduce other bugs perhaps. and i have no game with that bug anyway, so... i can't do it. Laugh
I can't test atm, but I thought setting the texture filtering to half sorts it, if I remember correctly.
Setting it to half causes unfiltered 2D which fixes it in a sense, but causes and images to be uglier. So it's kinda like what Dabore said.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(02-14-2014, 02:17 AM)Coma Wrote: same problem in xenosaga, tried all, only removed by software mode

Which Xenosaga is this? The first one?
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram