Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus (0.9.6)
System Specs:

OS: WinXP Professional 5.1 SP3 (Build #2600) CPU: Intel Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @, 3.00 GHz, 1333 front side bus, Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+ (1680x1050x32bpp 60Hz) Sound: SoundMAX HD Audio Memory: Used: 973/2047MB

Best Configuration with 0.9.6:

Graphics:
GSdx -windowed (or else you can't seem to get out)
-Direct3D9 (hardware)
-pixel shader 2.0
-interlacing (none)
-aspect ratio (16:9) seems to work best for me as native screen
res is 1680x1050.
-D3D internal res (native)
-only option selected is NLOOP hack!

Sound:
P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0 -no reverb
-no interpolation

CPU: -all features on
- VU SKip (checked)
-Skip Frames when slower than: (60)

Patches: 61FE9C13.pnach (patch is not needed anymore,
but it works either way!)

Speed Hacks: -Use x3 Cycle Rate
-nothing else selected

Advanced Options:
EE Recs Options -round mode (chop/zero)
-clamp mode (none)
-denormals are zero

VU Recs Options -round mode (chop/zero)
-clamp mode (none)
-denormals are zero

process priority high or normal doesn't make a difference!

Anyways with this configuration I've managed to get between 60-40 fps, but the framerate is to inconsistant to really play.. and it's obviously not a problem with my hardware.. not to mention its a 2d game :/ So I'm sure there's probably a bunch of other people that would like to see this game running smoothly, as would I. So I'm starting this thread in hopes of some progress, and if anyone would like to post their configurations and results so we can compare or you would like more info on my configuration or questions or anything then feel free to email me or just post here, and I'll try to keep an eye on this thread!

OH!! and turning off anti-aliasing in the in-game options helps aswell!

UPDATE: something else i noticed is different levels perform much better! The (Paris) level runs like crap, but the (Hell) level runs much better and i stay around 60-55 fps which is wierd..but its still a bit glitchy, I have no idea why Sad

Sponsored links

quick update:

in lilypad settings, check (exit emulator on close) and uncheck (Hide on fullscreen escape) fixes the fullscreen problem in 0.9.6.
Can you mention at what point does the game crash.
Does it crash randomly?
(03-09-2009, 07:22 AM)redlof Wrote: Can you mention at what point does the game crash.
Does it crash randomly?

it doesn't crash at all.. not sure how you got that out of my post but..

the game runs decently, its just the unstable framerate that's getting me! some of the simple maps like unknown or hell run alot better, i get a more stable 60-55 fps, but the rest of the maps are 60-40.. which is just not playable.
Whenever you say unstable, it usually refers to a crash or freeze. Anyway slowdowns are common on most games, the emulator is still in development and so further improvements are on their way.
understandable, the thing that gets me tho is how a 2d game could have such an inconsistant framerate, opposed to say tekken 5 which play's at a smooth 50 fps for me.. problem with tekken 5 tho is only one level works.. there's more to that tho! actually thinking about starting a new thread for that one.
Only one level works in tekken5?
do you mean only one arena?
(03-09-2009, 07:53 AM)redlof Wrote: Only one level works in tekken5?
do you mean only one arena?

correct! map/level/arena whichever term you would like to use.

Moonlit Wilderness is the only arena where the characters are rendered visible. Of course there is more to elaborate on, but i think i should save that for another thread.
Use defaults in advanced menu, using the value Demorals=0 will give you black scerrn or missing characters.
Also there is a speed hack which is not good for the game.
(03-09-2009, 08:08 AM)redlof Wrote: Use defaults in advanced menu, using the value Demorals=0 will give you black scerrn or missing characters.
Also there is a speed hack which is not good for the game.

well i found 2 more arena's that work (final stage and final stage 2)

but the rest of them are like this or similar (yes i unchecked flush to zero and denormals to zero) but i will experiment with the advanced settings further to make sure!

http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tekken5b.jpg