Integrated graphics memory allocation
(09-23-2014, 07:46 AM)karasuhebi Wrote: It's my understanding that PCSX2 is pretty CPU-intensive. What CPU do you have? I'm running a i5-4670K. Also what res are you playing at? Because I've been able to play most of KH1 just fine on 2x and even 3x if memory serves. Of course my framerate plummets when I jump into the waterfall at Destiny Islands lol

its only "heavy" CPU Intensive if you use Softwaremode

Sponsored links

(09-23-2014, 05:34 PM)Pikasora Wrote: its only "heavy" CPU Intensive if you use Softwaremode

WHAT??? Smile

The emulation is really hard on the CPU which has to make that alien game code for PS2 readable and executable by a x86 CPU before actually executing it (the difference from native applications which just need to execute the code).

But yes, using software mode adds to the total CPU load a fair deal but not even near the emulation load.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(09-23-2014, 07:28 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: WHAT??? Smile

The emulation is really hard on the CPU which has to make that alien game code for PS2 readable and executable by a x86 CPU before actually executing it (the difference from native applications which just need to execute the code).

But yes, using software mode adds to the total CPU load a fair deal but not even near the emulation load.

afaik

HW Mode -> renders with GPU
SW Mode -> renders with CPU
Saying a game is only CPU intensive while using the software renderer is insane. Ratchet and Clank is a monster either way. Jak is a monster on the CPU either way. A lot of games hit the cpu incredibly hard in the hardware renderer.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(09-23-2014, 07:59 PM)Pikasora Wrote: afaik

HW Mode -> renders with GPU
SW Mode -> renders with CPU

It's more CPU intensive in software mode, but not only CPU intensive in software mode.
^ Yep that.

Even in HW mode, the EE is running in software, and the GS main thread is running on software, and the VU's are running in software, etc.

Software mode = adds rendering the whole scene to an already heavy workload.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(09-23-2014, 08:09 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: 64M is way to low for the IGP, but I wonder if Windows is even "obeying" the BIOS? 64M on your GPU is barely enough to run Windows itself.

Anyway, the 7950 will help with your scaling ability, but that will still be CPU bound too mostly. Increasing the resolution increases the GPU workload, but it increases the CPU workload too.

You are right, above all else pcsx2 is CPU bound.

it dont obey it