Final Fantasy X-2 is too slow! How to make it faster?
Well, then it's gonna be slow. If you think we are holding back something from you, we aren't. I told you every trick there is.

And don't presume to know how "I work." You have absolutely no idea, trust me Tongue2
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

Peabodies! I know very well that it won't work any faster, short of maybe overclocking and the like.

What I want to know is why the PS2 boot screen works flawlessly quick but the games do not.

This video on YouTube illustrates a slow boot process with an onboard GPU. I doubt that computer is worse than mine. Why is my boot process so perfect?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkj7OU1YhCw

PS2 boot screen uses both the EE and the GS, plus the IOP. Why is it so quick and perfect on my super-weak computer? And why are in-game title screens perfect, memory card screens, etc.? The slow part is the "in-game" itself: moving characters, watching cutscenes, etc.
The bios isn't that demanding and FFX-2 is very demanding. Just because something utilizes hardware, it doesn't mean it pushes it to it's limit.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(10-16-2014, 09:03 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: The bios isn't that demanding and FFX-2 is very demanding. Just because something utilizes hardware, it doesn't mean it pushes it to it's limit.

Excellent point, but I wish I could get it in an extremely techno-babble way that describes exactly why. Also, that video I showed is slow and uses onboard GPU. No onboard GPU can be much worse than the GMA 950, but works fine with me! No magic, correct? Explainaga!
(10-16-2014, 09:01 PM)SchlickAttack Wrote: Peabodies! I know very well that it won't work any faster, short of maybe overclocking and the like.

What I want to know is why the PS2 boot screen works flawlessly quick but the games do not.

This video on YouTube illustrates a slow boot process with an onboard GPU. I doubt that computer is worse than mine. Why is my boot process so perfect?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkj7OU1YhCw

PS2 boot screen uses both the EE and the GS, plus the IOP. Why is it so quick and perfect on my super-weak computer? And why are in-game title screens perfect, memory card screens, etc.? The slow part is the "in-game" itself: moving characters, watching cutscenes, etc.

Since you seem to know more about this than us, you figure it out.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-16-2014, 09:05 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Since you seem to know more about this than us, you figure it out.

Yes, I can, but I love you guys and want your help too! You are the community who gave me life and the ability to delve into FFX on my $49.99 computer, even at dinosaur-slow speeds! Please run with me in the fields as we chase the crystals and intoxicate ourselves in the working foundation of EE recompilation!
(10-16-2014, 08:56 PM)SchlickAttack Wrote: Why? I can play on my computer! I told you guys it works, just slow. Laugh I also don't have any hopes to get up.

You have me wrongly framed ... I don't have hopes or dreams ... I have passions. I am not just a regular user like the ones that come here all the time. Wink I am a special kind of user that knows how people work.

That's the point people are trying to tell you. It works... just slow (guess the reason).

Although not clearly noticing that you know how people work it's clear you don't know how things work and the reasons for minimal specifications and your machine is far bellow them.

You can try but won't change that machine won't cut the cake for PS2 emulation (although it may do it for PS1 and some less demanding emulators).
Imagination is where we are truly real
You can:
Search for Saiki. He has a tutorial for weak systems

or:

1. set Clamping mode to none. (can break the game)
2. test superVU vs microVU as VU0/1 recompiler. (can break the game)
3. tick all recommended speedhacks
4. Check if MTVU helps or slows you down. Probably the second one.
5. Slowly increase sliders one by one. VU stealing will cause wrong fps readings. (in the corresponding .ini you can even set higher values than the slider allow)
6. Adjust the baseframerate (in the ini) to higher values / use turbo mode (toggling: tab).
7. If the GS is limited reduce the internal resolution by using custom resolution and/or use skipdraw under HW hacks if you use the HW renderer. Skipdraw removes some layers so higher numbers will kill some effects.
8. Reduce sound to nothing or the lowest non-null setting.
9. Enable frameskip
(10-16-2014, 09:07 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: That's the point people are trying to tell you. It works... just slow (guess the reason).

Although not clearly noticing that you know how people work it's clear you don't know how things work and the reasons for minimal specifications and your machine is far bellow them.

You can try but won't change that machine won't cut the cake for PS2 emulation (although it may do it for PS1 and some less demanding emulators).

May? No, it works fine. I play FF8 with 2xSAI, best settings in ePSXe, and it's capped at near 60 FPS 99% of the time! PSX emulation at the best settings and most demanding games work flawless here!

Are you once again underestimating or (overestimating) someone here? Let's be nice.

(10-16-2014, 09:08 PM)willkuer Wrote: You can:
Search for Saiki. He has a tutorial for weak systems

or:

1. set Clamping mode to none. (can break the game)
2. test superVU vs microVU as VU0/1 recompiler. (can break the game)
3. tick all recommended speedhacks
4. Check if MTVU helps or slows you down. Probably the second one.
5. Slowly increase sliders one by one. VU stealing will cause wrong fps readings. (in the corresponding .ini you can even set higher values than the slider allow)
6. Adjust the baseframerate (in the ini) to higher values / use turbo mode (toggling: tab).
7. If the GS is limited reduce the internal resolution by using custom resolution and/or use skipdraw under HW hacks if you use the HW renderer. Skipdraw removes some layers so higher numbers will kill some effects.
8. Reduce sound to nothing or the lowest non-null setting.
9. Enable frameskip

Marry me?
Everything that can be said has been said. This thread is going nowhere, and annoying me. I am off to the doctor.