Trying to get Baldur's gate to work.
ok here are my Specs that show in the Console window.

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 3071 MB
CPU name = AMD Athlon™ II X2 220 Processor
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 2.812 ghz (2 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 00802009
x86EFlags = efd3fbff

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3
MMX2 .. 3DNOW .. 3DNOW2.. SSE4a

see it says I should have sse3 and sse4a features but when I enable the plugins I get a warning that my cpu isn't compatible.

Sponsored links

Ooh. I get to use the SSE mod tool...

Despite the similarity of the names, SSE3 is unrelated to SSSE3 and the same is true for SSE4a and SSE4.1.
AMDs latest FX CPU series ONLY support the SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instruction sets.
Therefore the recommended GSdx version for AMD users is the SSE2 one, except in the case of an FX processor where you should use SSE4.1.

There is a minor speed loss, but it is only about 10% overall.

And that machine is just not gonna cut it for Baldur's Gate. Sorry.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
isnt Baldur gates game engine one of the game engines that dont work right in pcsx2 Graphical problems and performance issues??
It works in software mode.
In HW mode you only see half of the screen if I remember correctly. Somebody once posted that there is actually some flag that you can switch to see the other half of the screen (but loose the first one). In the real ps2 this seems to be done automatically. But unsure about correctness of this statement.
Games do speed up if you set on notch on both the VU and EE cycle stealing speedhacks. and Software mode with the 4GB patch applied is currently the only way to play these Snowblind engine games.
Thanks for the Info I really do appreciate it. It's one of my favorite games. And Games Ahoy, which is the only store around here selling used games usually sells the most popular titles at New Pricing.