Blue screen of death, memory leak?
This is this worst crash I've had on a computer in a long time. It occurred during Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix (the first game, not the second).

I am using Windows 7, PCSX2 with default plugins. I am however using cheats enabled and widescreen hacks enabled. It was possible a cheat caused this, but I expect all cheats to be within the program's allocated memory.

The computer crashed, blue screen of death. I believe it stated there was a memory leak. I restarted the system in normal mode, and it continued to crash a few times, and I received a window stating all these USB drivers were being reinstalled. I had to manually reinstall my network adapter's driver.

Here are some messages from around the time the system first crashed.

Code:
Log Name:      System
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-FilterManager
Date:          10/18/2014 10:13:48 PM
Event ID:      6
Task Category: None
Level:         Information
Keywords:      
User:          SYSTEM
Description:
File System Filter 'FileInfo' (6.1, ‎2009‎-‎07‎-‎13T19:34:25.000000000Z) has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.

Code:
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-FilterManager
Date:          10/18/2014 10:13:48 PM
Event ID:      6
Level:         Information
Keywords:      
Description:
File System Filter 'MpFilter' (6.3, ‎2014‎-‎01‎-‎14T19:55:38.000000000Z) has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.

Code:
Source:        EventLog
Date:          10/18/2014 10:14:44 PM
Event ID:      6008
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Description:
The previous system shutdown at 10:12:42 PM on ‎10/‎18/‎2014 was unexpected.

Code:
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
Date:          10/18/2014 10:14:50 PM
Event ID:      1001
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a (0x0000000000041287, 0x0000000000000080, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 101814-56565-01.

Code:
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Wininit
Date:          10/18/2014 10:14:13 PM
Event ID:      11
Level:         Warning
Keywords:      
Description:
Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.

There are other event logs, but those seem the most important. I don't know what the top two are, honestly. To add, the crash occurred as soon as I pressed a button on my controller during a full motion video.

Sponsored links

Cheats don't cause BSODs. This is likely a hardware failure.

I'd start by testing your RAM with memtest86+. Even one error on there means your RAM is failing. (if you have more than 1 stick of RAM, make sure you remove the others and test each one individually).
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
If your RAM checks out ok, then check for bloated capacitors on the motherboard and possibly your VRM's as those overheating could cause issues as well.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I would suspect that, however, this computer has not had such a crash before. A memory leak can easily be caused by software. But I will run that program to check to see if there are any memory faults.
(10-19-2014, 08:55 AM)Cyborg Ninja Wrote: I would suspect that, however, this computer has not had such a crash before. A memory leak can easily be caused by software. But I will run that program to check to see if there are any memory faults.

It doesn't matter if it never had such a crash before. Computers are as random as you can possibly imagine and hardware can fail without notice without anything ever happening to it before.

Even if a Memory Leak is caused by software it shouldn't result in a 0x1A BSOD message. All a Memory Leak does is consume your resources of the system, bogging the performance down tremendously eventually if you leave it going for too long.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
try reseating your ram and cleaning your mobo from dusts and check for any fault hardware at your case and check your psu. the psu often causes this problem since, if you have prebuilt pc it would have been come with a low end oem psu which is weak and could cause issues like this if you have upgraded your hardware recently......
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
OK, I went ahead and ran Memtest86 like one of you guys recommended. I believe I isolated the faulty memory stick and removed it. However, my motherboard has four RAM slots, dual channel, and now one of them is removed. Is that a problem? If I want to buy another RAM stick to replace it, what do I need to know? I know it is DDR3, but what else do I need? Thanks for the help.
It's best to make sure you buy an identical stick.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Does it have to be the same brand? That may be hard to find at my local shop. Also, it's 1333MHz, 2GB, and the timing was 9-9-9-24 when I ran Memtest.

I really do need to vacuum up in the case like s.sakash said. It's pretty dusty. For some reason I can't use the hose on my vacuum. Are there small handheld vacuums out there to use for this job?
(10-20-2014, 05:51 AM)Cyborg Ninja Wrote: Does it have to be the same brand? That may be hard to find at my local shop. Also, it's 1333MHz, 2GB, and the timing was 9-9-9-24 when I ran Memtest.

I really do need to vacuum up in the case like s.sakash said. It's pretty dusty. For some reason I can't use the hose on my vacuum. Are there small handheld vacuums out there to use for this job?

I use an air compressor outside myself. It blows the dust out from every little piece you can imagine. (Just make sure you prevent the fans from moving when cleaning out the fans by blocking it with a pen or something). I once had a computer that was literally gray inside from being completely covered in dust. After I was done with it (3 minute job literally) it looked brand new and all heat issues it had were solved.

A vaccuum cleaner can't reach the dust inside the fans well enough like an air compressor could.

Although same brand isn't required... I'd still go for the same brand myself tbh, to ensure it's running stable together with the other sticks.