Shadow of the Colossus !!!
(03-16-2009, 07:39 PM)zerodi Wrote: Im also getting no where fast with this game, tryed all the tips and tweaks here and just 11fps on x3 with 0.1.4 on a AMDx2 7750 3.0ghz, 4gb ram, gf8200 , win7 64bit ...

It's playable on C2D 2.8 with all speed hacks + progressive scan on, 0.1.14, winxpsp3 - 40-60fps most of the time.

Sponsored links

(03-16-2009, 05:26 PM)rama Wrote: Btw, the word is "you". Not u, not ur. Thanks Smile

lol i get tired of typing sometimes so u or ur is awesome Tongue.

anyway i was trying diferent graphic settings and ive noticed that adding anti-aliasing makes the game look very good , but only on zero gs plugin and the game has some strange glithces with the light while using that plugin.

is there any way to add anti-aliasing gs dx 890? Tongue

also when i drag the sword a thin transparent black box appears to my right why does that happend :o?
greyest: how do u enable progessive scan ?

Ill get a new graphics card soon, any suggestions? and ill also upgrade to a PhenomII x3 720 cpu , so shud be rocking.....
(03-16-2009, 08:20 PM)zerodi Wrote: greyest: how do u enable progessive scan ?

In the options menu. But if you have 14fps without it, it won't help much, it gives a little boost. Maybe the problem is your OS.
(03-16-2009, 07:39 PM)zerodi Wrote: Im also getting no where fast with this game, tryed all the tips and tweaks here and just 11fps on x3 with 0.1.4 on a AMDx2 7750 3.0ghz, 4gb ram, gf8200 , win7 64bit ...

You got a better rig than mine, and I get playable (barely) speeds. Use all the latest plugins and pcsx2 builds. Also, try setting it to native resolution in gsdx
AMD Athlon X2 4800+ (2.9 Ghz OC)
2 Gigs DDR2 800 PC2100
ATI Radeon X1600
Asus AM2 M2A-VM
Western Digital 250gb IDE
(03-16-2009, 05:26 PM)rama Wrote: Look into the sky and let loose the controller. The camera will move from the sky view to whatever you're looking at then.
Limit the whole thing to 60fps. Now watch how horribly the thing starts to skip as soon as it has to render stuff.
I'm surprised the game does even work with the emotion engine basically set to 100mhz...

Btw, the word is "you". Not u, not ur. Thanks Smile

Yup, as said before I know exactly what you're talking about and have no idea what sort of secrets these other guys seem to have to make the game run so well. Even with all the skipping and stuff it's an amazing game, I'm playing it for the first time on the emulator and it's wonderful. I do plan to replay it if it ever starts really working to truly enjoy this gem.
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\
(03-17-2009, 04:36 AM)With Teeth Wrote:
(03-16-2009, 05:26 PM)rama Wrote: Look into the sky and let loose the controller. The camera will move from the sky view to whatever you're looking at then.
Limit the whole thing to 60fps. Now watch how horribly the thing starts to skip as soon as it has to render stuff.
I'm surprised the game does even work with the emotion engine basically set to 100mhz...

Btw, the word is "you". Not u, not ur. Thanks Smile

Yup, as said before I know exactly what you're talking about and have no idea what sort of secrets these other guys seem to have to make the game run so well. Even with all the skipping and stuff it's an amazing game, I'm playing it for the first time on the emulator and it's wonderful. I do plan to replay it if it ever starts really working to truly enjoy this gem.

Well, here it's as smooth as silk. AMD x2 6000+(otherwise similar setup); so ppl , please quit trash-talking AMD's x2. They rock your sock CoolLaugh

CPU: AMD X2 6000+@3150
MEM: CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 PC6400
GFX: PNY GF 9800/GT

I've heard SotC is a great game, so I'm being careful how I configure it. Here's what I've noticed:

Issue One
SotC's frameskipper makes judging performance difficult. PCSX2 may report it's getting 60fps, but the game's frameskipper is actually yielding 20! PCSX2 might report 40fps, and the game's frameskipper is indeed yielding 40 (not skipping). While messing around with various configurations, I have noticed both scenarios -- choppy gameplay at "60 fps", and smooth gameplay at "45 fps". This leads me to believe that someone saying they've achieved 60 fps with their configuration/hardware isn't especially useful.

Issue Two
Instead, let's talk about something we can quantify: the sunlight washout problem.

Pictures! (I'm running 16:9, progressive scan)

Attachment (1): GSdx 0.1.4 native
Attachment (2): GSdx10 0.1.4 native
Attachment (3): GSdx 0.1.4 1440x900
Attachment (4): GSdx10 0.1.4 1440x900
Attachment (5): GSdx 0.1.5 1440x900 (image similar to all higher versions)

Looking at (1), we see the problem. The sunlight bloom has made the entire image white! It's already known that you can reduce this problem by raising the internal D3D resolution. (1) improves to (3), moving from native to 1440x900.

However! GSdx10 0.1.4 -- not to be confused with GSdx 0.1.4 running in DX10 mode -- does not seem to suffer from this problem at all. As you can see in (2) and (4), GSdx10 0.1.4's sunlight bloom is seemingly unaffected by internal resolution.

I recognize that FPS numbers are a bad way to measure performance for SotC, so instead I will testify that for my hardware:

GSdx10 0.1.4 and GSdx 0.1.4 perform similarly. GSdx10 doesn't suffer from sunlight washout, therefore allows you to run it at lower (even native) resolution for higher performance.

At high internal resolutions (necessary to reduce sunlight washout), GSdx 0.1.7 and 0.1.8 seemed to perform similarly 0.1.14, and much better (20%?) than 0.1.4.

1440x900 is the lowest internal resolution I find to be playable for non-GSdx10 versions.

In summary, I can achieve highest performance running 0.1.4 at native. I can achieve acceptable performance that looks much nicer running 0.1.14 at 1440x900 (however, I have a powerful machine, below).

There are three categories of sunlight washout: GSdx10 seems immune, GSdx 0.1.4 and below suffer less (and thus can go to lower internal resolutions, and higher performance), and GSdx 0.1.5 and above suffer the most (and thus 1440x900 is the lowest resolution I can personally endure).

Core i7 920, 2.6ghz@4ghz
8800GT 512mb

PCSX2 0.9.6

Cpu Config:
All checked
Limit (Frame/VU skip causes problems for me)

Speed Hacks:
All checked (except Escape Hack)
x3 Cycle Rate

Advanced:
All checked
Both round mode: Chop/Zero
Both clamp mode: None

GSdx settings:
I'm playing with 0.1.14, 1440x900, 16:9
(progressive scan set in game, 16:9 set in game)

When I hit serious slowdown, I switch to GSdx10 0.1.4 with "native" checked.

Edit: finally, I'd love to know what difference exists between GSdx10 0.1.4 and GSdx 0.1.4 that allows it to avoid the washout, and whether we could compile a "GSdx10 0.1.14".

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

hey guys,

My machines all good for running this game. the only major problem I'm having is a weird bar of shadow on the right hand side of the screen. somtimes a horizontal bar just up from the bottom of the screen.

It almost seems like the bloom is being generated to the left of where it should be...I've tried changing internal res up and down. tried playing with the aspect ratio all haven't even altered this problem slightly.... any ideas?
(03-28-2009, 04:06 PM)goddom Wrote: hey guys,

My machines all good for running this game. the only major problem I'm having is a weird bar of shadow on the right hand side of the screen. somtimes a horizontal bar just up from the bottom of the screen.

It almost seems like the bloom is being generated to the left of where it should be...I've tried changing internal res up and down. tried playing with the aspect ratio all haven't even altered this problem slightly.... any ideas?

I have the same problem, it only occurs when you use other then native resolution, which sucks since the game runs rather smooth on (somewhat) higher resolution. I've tried pretty much everything, but the bars appear as soon as you turn left or right (mostly on the horse). The problem is on both XP and Vista, tried with different versions of PCSX2 and GSDX.