Xenosaga black screen with radar
Question 
I was just wondering if anyone else out there is having the same problem as i am with Xenosaga?
I can start the game perfectly, but as soon as i start new game, the screen goes black, and only the radar on the bottom right screen shows?
I can go into my menu, its not like the game is stuck,but theres only just that black screen with the radar?
Anyone? Blink

Sponsored links

yeah, i've been searching around for something, i even went and borrowed a friends disc, doesn't seem to work in 9.6, using 9.4 it's working for me, so meh.
Strange, it used to work for me using 9.4, but since i installed 9.6 and tried xenosaga, got the black screen with radar, i tried going back to 9.4 and it does the same thing...?
Lets add this one to the xfiles...
o-o are you sure you're not using the same plugins in 9.4 by mistake?
Tongue its most probly that.
Now to find out which graphics setting is doing this...but whats strange is that surely if
i have the lattest plugins like everyone else, they should all be having the same problem? Huh
screenshots , plugins and emu version and even your PC settings would actually help and i hope also that you tell what Version of Xenosaga you talking about ( PAL or NTSC )

But i can tell you that the ntsc version of the 1st episode does work , maybe a little slow at start but after the tutorial it goes ok , except some "FMV" , this without any speedhack
CPU - [PHENOM 9950 BE 3.0 GHZ | GFX - [Evga 260GTX]
OS - [Vista 64 Business] | RAM - [4GB Gskill 1066Mhz]
Yeah, NTSC version here. It's been working since forever Tongue2
At work at the moment so unfortunatly i cant post screen shots, nor do i remember what plugins i have, but i downloaded pcsx 0.9.6 directly from the website and installed and run using those plugins, nothings been changed. i have however added some speed hacks that may be the cause.
Running Xenosaga NTSC version
I have exactly the same issue with Xenosaga (NTSC Version).

downloaded latest version of PCSX2.

Tried both graphics plugins, everything else is set to default and I can past the first cutscenes and just before you jump into the tutorial with kos-mos and shion it shows a black screen with the radar and thats all.

I've tried GSdx 890 in DX9 and DX10 hardware modes, I've tried SSE2, 3 and 4.1 modes.

I've also tried Zero graphics plugin as well with no luck.

Vista x64,
Radeon 4870
Corei7 920 (stock speed. not oc)

I did have to change the cdvdrom to P.E.Op.S so it could read the dual layer disc (otherwise it wouldn't even get the game to boot at all)

I've tried both US and Europe PS2 BIOS as well.
I had this happen to me before. I first used an ISO that I ripped with MagicISO and had this exact thing happen to me. Once I made a rip with DVD Decrypter, the game started to work normally. (Granted, even now it's still too slow on my rig... Sad )

In other words, you probably just made a bad rip. Whatever was used to make the ISO didn't rip both layers of the disc. Make a rip with DVD Decrypter and see where that gets you.
For my specs, see my profile.

My YouTube channel