Question about the bios and legality.
This is a fairly simple question and has nothing to do with "downloading" as I'm well aware that the bios are copyrighted and downloading them is illegal.

Anyway, I'm assuming the "copy your own bios" for PS2 is legally protected under the same law that allows legal backup of music/movies/games etc. IE one copy per item and if you sell/give away/trade the item you need to destroy the copy.

If that is what protects it (this is an assumption on my part) does that mean if I were to sell my PS2 would I need to delete my bios files?

Sponsored links

Yes. But practically Sony doesn't care about that.
Alright, I'll just keep my PS2 then thanks.
(03-06-2015, 11:22 PM)bomblord Wrote: Alright, I'll just keep my PS2 then thanks.

why would you want to sell it either way??
$$$$ Profit $$$$
(03-07-2015, 12:14 AM)willkuer Wrote: $$$$ Profit $$$$

eh waste of profit if you sell, collect the stuff and 30+ years later you will have gold mine worth of game/consoles collection. then again even then i wouldnt sell them
(03-07-2015, 01:11 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: eh waste of profit if you sell, collect the stuff and 30+ years later you will have gold mine worth of game/consoles collection. then again even then i wouldnt sell them

Wish I could say the same for these things. (And related games).

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
I don't there's any use in selling your ps2, you wouldn't make much profit anyway. And, the prices of ps2 is getting so slow as 20-40 dollars these days.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction