Issues with GSDX AVX.
If your HDD was having trouble reading/writing files as well then it most likely could've been bad sectors yeah.

Laptops are generally not recommended for PS2 emulation, mostly because of the demanding requirements needed of a CPU. And you can't really do much (if at all) overclocking with a laptop.

[Edit]Ninjad...
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)

Sponsored links

Well most laptops have weak CPUs

Check the far right one

http://www.originpc.com/gaming/laptops/
Windows 10
Intel 5930k 4.2ghz/core
32 GBs of 2400MHz DDR4
AMD PoweColor 390X (GPUs are expensive or this would be in crossfire)
1800 bucks... ouch.

Could build one hell of a desktop computer with that.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
if you're looking for a good laptop for pcsx2, I would suggest this one. (1800 $ is way too much)
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
damn ssakash, that's choice in a laptop there.

I ended up getting my Lenovo U430 Touch for $500 because Best Buy lost the laptop we had ordered. Basically what happened was I needed a new laptop for school because I'm taking advanced photoshop and I need something with a bit more horsepower than what the school provides. So, I originally ordered an Asus laptop that is normally $600, but was on sale for $500. The day it was supposed to have come in, they couldn't find it. After about 20 minutes of looking, the manager of the store came out with My U430 which was selling for $700, but they gave to me for the price of the Asus.

I guess I should get back on topic. Anyways, even an i5 4210U can do some really solid work in pcsx2 if it's paired with a decent dgpu
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
This might be slightly off topic, but is it possible for a computer to run a PS3 emulator? Or would we have to wait until a 16-core processor came out? (We'd probably need a new file system by that point, the current system runs out of addresses at 2-4 terabytes, if I recall my networking classes correctly). Mind you, I'm not asking if MY laptop can run it.

Also, thanks for the Info on laptops. I'll have to replace this one at some point; the D key is broken off of the keypad. I thought I could fix the issue of it sticking on my, turns out it just breaks. That, and this laptop is becoming old. It's already outdated, but I honestly don't have the money for a new one. Not yet, anyways.
They're working on a PS3 emulator I think, but the rare few games that do work run at like 5 FPS maybe? Not even sure if it's legit or not.

[Edit] There should be a topic about it in Chatterbox if I remember right.
the raw power of hardware requirements needed for ps3 emulation will take atleast 10 years to develop.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-31-2015, 02:14 PM)ssakash Wrote: if you're looking for a good laptop for pcsx2, I would suggest this one. (1800 $ is way too much)

technical specifications
"0.001 GHz Core i7-4702HQ"

LOL. GG, Amazon. Great laptop, though.
Ima say this right now: your system is too weak to even properly emulate something like Sonic Mega Collection Plus. Or really anything as a matter of fact.

PCSX2 has to synchronize all of the chips and emulate them accurately enough. I wish PCSX2 could run better on lower-end laptops but that's how we have it for now. The PS2 is complicated as hell and as such, PCSX2 can't run much better than all optimal settings.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do