Issues with GSDX AVX.
It seems to me that ps3 emulation is not even close to be as demanding as ps2 comparing to the available hardware. They can even play some simple games at full speed on moderate cpu's.

It cold be that the higher similarity between ps3 and pc enables easier emulation.

Sponsored links

AFAIK, they didn't achieve full speed on any games yet, care to provide the source ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-31-2015, 05:32 PM)willkuer Wrote: It seems to me that ps3 emulation is not even close to be as demanding as ps2 comparing to the available hardware. They can even play some simple games at full speed on moderate cpu's.

It cold be that the higher similarity between ps3 and pc enables easier emulation.

(03-31-2015, 05:32 PM)willkuer Wrote: similarity

(03-31-2015, 05:32 PM)willkuer Wrote: ps3

I don't think "similarity" and "ps3" belong in the same sentence Laugh

Seriously tho, source?
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
(03-31-2015, 05:32 PM)willkuer Wrote: It seems to me that ps3 emulation is not even close to be as demanding as ps2 comparing to the available hardware. They can even play some simple games at full speed on moderate cpu's.

No. It's very demanding. It might run Sonic CD at full speed, but you can run it on mobile phones. It runs Disgaea 3 at about 3 fps:

(03-31-2015, 05:42 PM)ssakash Wrote: AFAIK, they didn't achieve full speed on any games yet, care to provide the source ?

(03-31-2015, 05:52 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: No. It's very demanding. It might run Sonic CD at full speed, but you can run it on mobile phones. It runs Disgaea 3 at about 3 fps:

You do know that the version of Sonic CD on the PS3, X360, PC, phones, etc. are an actual remake rather than a mere emulation?

Wait, maybe it'd be easier to run the emulation...
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]

what would ;e; do
We're talking about emulating the PS3, obviously sonic CD is a remake.

Also, I full expect RPCS3 to slow way down once SPU Runtime System emulation is implemented. There is a lot missing on RPCS3 at the moment and once that stuff is implemented, games will probably be MUCH slower
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I mean, it is one of the least demanding games on the PS3. It doesn't mean that if RPCS3 can run Sonic CD at full speed, it will run The Last of Us at full speed as well.

(03-31-2015, 05:51 PM)Marge Simpson Wrote: I don't think "similarity" and "ps3" belong in the same sentence Laugh

I believe he means compared to the PS2.
(03-31-2015, 05:59 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: I mean, it is one of the least demanding games on the PS3. It doesn't mean that if RPCS3 can run Sonic CD at full speed, it will run The Last of Us at full speed as well.

I believe he means compared to the PS2.

Nyeh.

Don't press "F".

what would ;e; do
And this all relates to GSdx AVX how?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(03-31-2015, 07:00 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: And this all relates to GSdx AVX how?

Eh, at this point this topic not only crossed the line of off-topic, it just hit the border of Russia.

what would ;e; do