PC exceeds "recommended system requirements," yet framerate still embarassingly low.
I've made sure to use fully compatible games with PCSX2. No amount of speedhacks or other suggested settings are helping. In a lot of cases, the compatibility threads show users with lower spec systems achieving much better performance than my system. This is boggling my mind. I've even tried matching user settings in those threads with seemingly no beneficial change in performance. For instance, Gradius V, which is a relatively less-demanding game in comparison to others, is just barely playable (35-40 FPS). I've tried multiple combinations of speedhacks and GS profiles. Absolutely nothing is helping.

Specs:

CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition @ 3.4 GHz
GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 TI
RAM - 8 GB

PCSX2 (v1.3.1-71-g3c84e68 -- stable releases make no difference, same issues)

Sponsored links

your CPU only has a STP of 1100, I wouldn't expect much. care to provide the EE and GS values during slowdowns ? also, make sure to post a screenshot of your pcsx2 settings.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Do you use an iso or are ou running directly the disk?
Juse because they're fully "compatible" doesn't mean the games you picked are any lighter. So, which games are you playing Tongue
Just because your PC exceeds PCSX2's recommended system specs does not mean it'll run well. My computer exceeds the specs (barely) and runs GT3 at an embarrassingly bad 27FPS.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
To be honest, the system requirements for PCSX2 are fairly outdated at this point.

A Pentium 4 being set as minimum and Core2Duo as recommended? This would've been true if it was about version 0.9.6 maybe, when it was far less accurate. But with PCSX2 emulation being far more accurate now, the requirements also went up big time. I think this needs to be updated on the website.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Yeah, it's outdated considering the latest processors. We should probably decide on a new one but, the minimum requirement won't be changed since, it is the minimum for pcsx2 to even launch a game.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction