From 50 to 15 FPS
Sad 
Hi i'm Gabriel. I have a notebook with these specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium P6100 Dual core (2 GHz)
GPU: Ati mobility radeon 1GB
Ram: 4 GB

I use the last version of PCSX2 and DX11.

I tried a couple of games like Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex, The Mummy.

The games run at 50 FPS for the first minutes, than there is a slow down to 45, 39, 24, 19, 15 FPS, than they became unplayable. I set the energy configuration to High performance.

Maybe my notebook is too weak, but if so, i don't understand why i can play at 50 FPS for a while...

Any idea??

Sponsored links

that has single thread of 780 that most likely to weak, short of making sure you pluged in to power adaptor and using max performance power scheme probably not much can be done
Yes, unfortunately your laptop processor is a little weak for pcsx2. You could maintain 50fps at some scenes because, they were less demanding compared to other scenes. No other way to play all scenes better unless you upgrade your pc.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(04-18-2015, 07:55 PM)ssakash Wrote: Yes, unfortunately your laptop processor is a little weak for pcsx2. You could maintain 50fps at some scenes because, they were less demanding compared to other scenes. No other way to play all scenes better unless you upgrade your pc.

does it matter what directx your using?

or framework even maybe xna framework.
No , that doesn't matter. Only the raw power of your hardware components matters in case of emulation. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Latest directx, yes.
Please dont hijack threads.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thank you far the attention Smile sure the power adapter is plugged and high performance profile is set. I was curious because i've red that some people have similar slowdowns with much powerfull pcs... than maybe i'll buy a new notebook or pc and i'll have the same problems... i'll change my pc maybe next year (my hp pavilion is from 2011). Do i have to pay attention to some particular hardware? I'll buy for sure a quad core, what the ideal speed? And about the ram, ddr 3, 5 or?

Thanks, great community.
STP of 1500 is recommend on the CPU rest dont mater to much
Thanks, what does STP stands for?
The ram doesn't matter much, you should choose the processor depending on it's single thread performance. Get something over 2000 and you will be fine. You can take a look at the link on my sig to learn how to make a build especially for sixth generation emulation.

Btw, STP means single thread performance. You can check at passmark for the list of processors sorted in the order of their STP.
- Refraction