Star Ocean 3 or Xenosaga Series?
Clearly, its a pain to relearn to new battle system each times, on the episode 2 I think I really learned how to play when I completed the game at 80%. The 3 games are so imperfect, but I think the story is maybe the best work in the history of video game, xenogears is a masterpiece too.
Too bad its destined to hardcore rpg players, too many things are repulsive in xenosaga as in xenogears.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert

Sponsored links

Story to Xenosaga to this date is still the best story in any rpg i played, Heard great things about Star Ocean series too, I just never played any of them since Snes which pretty sure was never released in the states and need translation patch for English which I never beat. I have pick up all the SO games and add them to my list rgps i need to finish.

RPG with good battle system are almost non exitant these days, there all gone the real time hack n slash root
Xenosaga is indeed a master piece, although flawed of course. It kinda sucks that Xenosaga III was rushed (especially at the end) and left with a cliffhanger that will probably never be fixed. Ep. III's battle system was very sweet and the game's graphics (for a PS2 game) and soundtrack/audio were spectaluar as well.

As far as PCSX2 goes, I ran all three games back in 2010 on an Athlon II X2 and a 8800GT. Though PCSX2 is now more accurate and more demanding I think.
Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
Enermax Triathlor 450W PSU
(04-21-2015, 01:30 PM)SamSoNight Wrote: Xenosaga is indeed a master piece, although flawed of course. It kinda sucks that Xenosaga III was rushed (especially at the end) and left with a cliffhanger that will probably never be fixed. Ep. III's battle system was very sweet and the game's graphics (for a PS2 game) and soundtrack/audio were spectaluar as well.

As far as PCSX2 goes, I ran all three games back in 2010 on an Athlon II X2 and a 8800GT. Though PCSX2 is now more accurate and more demanding I think.

I'm fairly confident my current rig can handle it. If my i5 3470 and r9 280 can't even run a PS2 game then we have an issue Laugh
Yeah this will do it but with some slowdowns in some places, and the game is not working absolutely perfect everywhere so you need to find the good settings, I had a hard time with a 2500k 4,5ghz + a 280x. Your pc will not run it so easily but maybe now pcsx2 runs it better Wink
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Is this a problem with the emulator itself causing glitches or is the game really so demanding that an i5 and a 280 can't run it at even 2-4x IR?
I don't remember some glitches, but you will run it in x2 or x4 indeed, but I remember some slowdowns, you will see the first time KOS-MOS speaks : p
You need to work on the settings, sometimes its hard to find but after that it runs well.

edit : I remember, there is minor glitches like in many games, with lines on the interface of lifebars, that kind of things, but you can fix it or make it better, I don't remember why but I think you can easily find it on google.
Maybe it changed with the new versions of pcsx2 so try and you will see.
(04-21-2015, 04:47 PM)bomblord Wrote: Is this a problem with the emulator itself causing glitches or is the game really so demanding that an i5 and a 280 can't run it at even 2-4x IR?

The game is ultra demanding. I topped out at 3x on my 7870. But your CPU should do okay - I played it til completion on my FX 6300 when I had it at 4.2Ghz. I had a few slowdowns to ~55FPS.

Except for the one mech battle, which slowed down to ~25FPS. But it's ONE battle, so no big deal.

There are a few glitch, but all are fixable/avoidable. Read the compatibility thread for infos. Especially read it regarding the memory card glitch.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(04-21-2015, 09:52 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: The game is ultra demanding. I topped out at 3x on my 7870. But your CPU should do okay - I played it til completion on my FX 6300 when I had it at 4.2Ghz. I had a few slowdowns to ~55FPS.

Except for the one mech battle, which slowed down to ~25FPS. But it's ONE battle, so no big deal.

There are a few glitch, but all are fixable/avoidable. Read the compatibility thread for infos. Especially read it regarding the memory card glitch.

I see the save points are these solitary points or are they like a point in a recurring area?
Shion's room on the Woglinde your likely only to use once.

The main save point on the Elsa is literally probably the most commonly used point in the game. All through the game. There is another save point on that ship, but it's a ways out of the way. It does work though.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD