Star Ocean 3 or Xenosaga Series?
After Finishing Dragon Quest VIII I'm moving onto a new game and wondering what I should play next. I've kinda narrowed it down to two possibilities and am wondering if Star Ocean 3 or the Xenosaga Series would be the better choice?

Things I'm considering.
1. How does it play in PCSX2?
2. How is the game overall (which is better Star Ocean 3 or Xenosaga Ep 1.)?
3. I've actually played Star Ocean 3 in the past and enjoyed it but my word is it long and I basically beat it but it's been so long that I don't remember a ton about it other than major plot points.

Just thought I would throw the question out here and get your opinions since you guys seem so friendly and helpful.

Sponsored links

Xenosaga is ultra demanding in PCSX2. Star Ocean 3 is pretty demanding as well. Both are completely playable in hardware in PCSX2(with exception of two short scenes in Xenosaga that need Software).

Which is better? That depends your taste. Xenosaga is turn based, SO3 is realtime. Both are quite long. SO3 has tons of after game content, Xenosaga has none.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I have an i5 3470 + r9 280 so I'm confident in my ability to run them. It's great they are playable in hardware mode (except those Xenosaga scenes but that's just a quick hit of f9).

I may try Xenosaga but I'm honestly not sure I can get both of them for < $30 I just found an amazing website that reprints old games (legally with publisher permissions even gamestop buys bulk orders from them) and has Star Ocean.

Xenosaga I can get used for ~$11 on Amazon.
I recommend SO3.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
I recommand Xenosaga 1 2 3, and by far.... really far. These are just one of the best rpgs ever made, the true successors of Xenogears.. its the climax of the PS1/PS2 era in my opinion. It could be hard to begin but if you want a TRUE scenario and not some useless teenage manga crap like 80% of the rpgs, do the xenosaga trilogy.
SO3 is a little bit disappointing to deserve to be called a masterpiece, but its a good rpg anyway.
(and if you can do xenosaga unsub with uncensored scenes, thats the best... it has one of the most shocking scene in the history of video game, wonderfull)
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert
(04-20-2015, 03:29 AM)bomblord Wrote: I may try Xenosaga but I'm honestly not sure I can get both of them for < $30 I just found an amazing website that reprints old games (legally with publisher permissions even gamestop buys bulk orders from them) and has Star Ocean.

May I know which website that is?
I believe he would be referring to GameQuestDirect
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(04-20-2015, 06:50 AM)Rassane Wrote: May I know which website that is?

Yes! Gamequestdirect.com
(04-20-2015, 04:46 AM)Coma Wrote: it has one of the most shocking scene in the history of video game, wonderfull)

Are you talking about when Albedo explodes his head and regrows it? I wouldn't call it the most shocking scene by far. But yeah it was censored in the U.S
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
No, the pedophil rape scene
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert