PCSX2 is freezing at a certain point in Final Fantasy 10
Get in bios with the cdvdnull plugin and format them
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

...well... The problem is related to the graphics emulation threading.

Make a save state just as as you leave the temple, before the cutscene following the thrilling adventures of "omfg she has hair"...

Disable all these CPU options in the CPU config screen:

EERec - etc...
VUorec - etc...
VU1rec - etc...
Multi Threaded GS Mode (Don't forget to restart when changing this)

Start the EMU, load the save state... hold down arrow (or whatever) to run down and initiate the cutscene... and then go for a snooze as the 3-5 FPS takes its time (25 mins at least) to render the whole cutscene in single threaded simple mode. Mute your speakers unless you like audio torture.

Once the cutscene is over, run (REALLY slowly as you'll still be on 3FPS to the save point to the bottom right of the area (beside the shop). Save your game to a memory card slot. Restart PCSX2, reset the CPU options, restart it again, load your memory card save game... DO NOT TRY TO USE A SAVE STATE INSTEAD OF THE EMULATED MEMORY CARDS (or you could lose your save).
yeah my flatmate is a total pro at pc's and he just used a different graphics thing and it was ***** graphics but i got past the ***** up and changed back to the other graphic and seems to work fine Laugh

i havent got any plug in for pcsx2, i read somewhere there is a tool that it better than mounting images with daemon tools?

also any other plugins or tweaks that could make my game run smoother or look better etc?
Plugins are how the whole things actually works above the emulation level... you do have them, but probably haven't noticed it yes.

You want to use "Linuz Iso CDVD"... select it from the configuration menu under "Cdvdrom". DOn't forget to click on "Configure" and select the ISO on your hard disk.

Daemon tools is good, but why introduce more potential problems?
It's amazing what reading the configuration guide can do for you.
Ninja