Valkyrie Profile 2 [NTSC] Armory Shop
Near beginning of Chapter 2, in Armory, game will freeze when reaching Gauntlet or Leather Gloves in the store inventory list.
PCSX2 does not crash or freeze nor does it report any error. It is almost as if the game is running, and the instructions it has been given are to freeze the screen, stop the audio, and ignore further input. 
* Speedhacks off
* Made another image of DVD
* Tried approaching Gauntlet or Leather Gloves from bottom of list
* No issues detected when equipping / unequipping existing Gauntlet or Leather Gloves
* Same bug occurs when trying to Sell Gauntlet or Leather Gloves
* All other items in Armory inventory can be selected without issue

Dig

Sponsored links

do you have widescreen patches enabled in pcsx2 they been known to freeze the game
(09-24-2016, 09:38 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: do you have widescreen patches enabled in pcsx2 they been known to freeze the game
The same goes for any cheats.
(09-24-2016, 09:46 PM)FlatOut Wrote: The same goes for any cheats.

yes but widescreen patches freeze the surround sound setting page in VP2 so I would not be surprised if it freeze other parts of the game. but yes cheats will do it too
Yes, widescreen enabled. I turned if off and now it is working.
Thank you both.
I see i dont think the widescreen patch for vp2 should be included in releases till it is fixed, but that me, to me it dont mater i never used the wide screen patchs, cause the game supports natively even when the game dont support it i dont use it
(09-25-2016, 03:02 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: I see i dont think the widescreen patch for vp2 should be included in releases till it is fixed, but that me, to me it dont mater i never used the wide screen patchs, cause the game supports natively even when the game dont support it i dont use it

It's been removed from the git builds already. 1.4.0 still has it though afaik.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
then this only effect people using stable build, didnt know that
On the bright side, this kind of freeze problem should only appear on the 3 TriAce games.
They are known to employ aggressive anti cheat and anti piracy protection and no other games are like that.