PCSX2 Issue
(11-09-2017, 07:23 PM)scythefwd Wrote: There is a huge difference between the windows 10 drivers from windows and the ones from nvidia.. I've had more than a few problems with the ones automagically loaded from ms through update .. like 10-20 fps drop, crashes, etc.  I wonder if it only loads drivers, but some of the other supporting libraries aren't there (once found ms had detected the card right, but didn't load the vulkan libraries... )
I don't allow the windows gpu drivers to come through. Had DDU turn that off.
(11-09-2017, 07:36 PM)lightningterror Wrote: It might be related to this.
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/2117
Nah I don't switch renderers in-game. My issue is about frequent mini-freezes but it could be related to the issue from MS's FCU. I remember reading about some people making MS aware of an issue residing within it. Read it back on one of the Geforce threads a couple of days ago. I came here to see if anyone could possibly know it being true or something else entirely. Since I didn't have the issue before I'm thinking it is tied to the FCU.

Sponsored links

Corpser - good call.. I got bit a couple times with it, I'm a little stubborn some times and didnt change my setting the first time.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
I'm on FCU and haven't had any issues [its taken me a few days to work out what FCU was short for :')] but I know some people have.

Beyond doing a refresh of your PC, keeping your files but removing your installed apps and replacing system files, I wouldn't know what else to suggest.

(11-09-2017, 08:38 PM)Corpser Wrote: I don't allow the windows gpu drivers to come through. Had DDU turn that off.
Nah I don't switch renderers in-game. My issue is about frequent mini-freezes but it could be related to the issue from MS's FCU. I remember reading about some people making MS aware of an issue residing within it. Read it back on one of the Geforce threads a couple of days ago. I came here to see if anyone could possibly know it being true or something else entirely. Since I didn't have the issue before I'm thinking it is tied to the FCU.
(11-10-2017, 08:39 PM)lemondrizzle Wrote: I'm on FCU and haven't had any issues [its taken me a few days to work out what FCU was short for :')] but I know some people have.

Beyond doing a refresh of your PC, keeping your files but removing your installed apps and replacing system files, I wouldn't know what else to suggest.

Other than the MS updates I haven't had anything else really get installed that could be causing it.
(11-10-2017, 08:39 PM)lemondrizzle Wrote: I'm on FCU and haven't had any issues [its taken me a few days to work out what FCU was short for :')] but I know some people have.

I should state after these past days I tried it again, the issue is still there where the "stutter" will occur occasionally, but when it gets really bad with extreme slowdown task manager shows the GPU at 100% usage. The extreme slowdown doesn't normally happen unless in this type of circumstance: In Ghosthunter if you go into first person view and active the scanning mode the 100% usage occurs. I assume if I can figure out why for that it could also solve the stutter issue as well.

Anyone got any ideas?
After discussion, I've decided to re-open the thread since it's common to own 2 PS2 consoles Tongue

Anyways sorry for the mixup. As for solving the stutter, what GSdx settings are you using?
(11-21-2017, 07:11 AM)CK1 Wrote: After discussion, I've decided to re-open the thread since it's common to own 2 PS2 consoles Tongue

Anyways sorry for the mixup. As for solving the stutter, what GSdx settings are you using?

I've had four over the years two fat ones and two skinny ones.

It isn't fixed was asking if anyone knew what could be causing the GPU to shoot up to 100% usage. If that could be answered then I might be able to fix the stutter as well.
That's why I'd like to know your GSdx settings Smile
(11-21-2017, 04:24 PM)CK1 Wrote: That's why I'd like to know your GSdx settings Smile

Well I've got my GPU selected, OpenGL Hardware, and auto for interlacing.

Allow 8-bit is unchecked, native resolution, bilinear (ps2), filtering is off, CRC hack level is partial (recommended for OpenGL), HW hacks is unchecked, hardware depth is unchecked, and accurate date is unchecked. Blending unit accuracy is basic. I haven't touched the shader configuration.

I've tried using Direct9 and 11 hardware. Same issue but it seems to worse with either of those. I've tried the software as well but my comp. just can't handle those options.
I guess for starters make sure your GTX 760 is being used instead of the Intel HD Graphics 4600.