PCSX2 Issue
(11-21-2017, 09:25 PM)CK1 Wrote: I guess for starters make sure your GTX 760 is being used instead of the Intel HD Graphics 4600.

Other than having it chosen for the adapter how else could I make sure it's being used?

Sponsored links

You should be fine, but if you want to double check - make sure you don't have any Intel HD Graphics drivers installed.
(11-21-2017, 09:35 PM)CK1 Wrote: You should be fine, but if you want to double check - make sure you don't have any Intel HD Graphics drivers installed.

Well based on the fact I have it checked for the adapter, added it onto the nvidia control panel, and it shows it using in task manager I think it's safe to say the GTX 760 is being used. I did take it out of fullscreen, to see the extra info on the top while the massive slowdown occurred, and the speed of the emulator drops to 50% with the GPU being used at 100%. That only happens during certain events that seem to "stress" the GPU or something like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbeE8C5fBzc - Go to 20:50 and you'll see the "scan" mode that the game uses to find ghosts. When using that the emulator goes to half speed and the GPU gets shoved to 100% usage. It's not my video just using it to show you what in-game causes it for me.

The stutter, or hitching, I have no idea what's causing that either. I was having no issue playing DBZ Tenkaichi 3 weeks ago, about two months ago, then I came back and all games started to have this issue.
Can you see if the VRAM usage spikes at all when that happens?
(11-21-2017, 10:19 PM)CK1 Wrote: Can you see if the VRAM usage spikes at all when that happens?

Sure let me try and check.

For the stutter, or mini-freeze, I have the game in windowed mode so I can keep an eye on the task manager for how it reacts to it. When it happens the GPU percentage used by PCSX2 drops by half as if the program just stops responding for a second then resumes. Like I stated earlier that happens on all hardware options and no settings, that I've messed with, seems to fix it. The normal usage of PCSX2 for my CPU sits at 12-14% even during the "stutter". The GPU usage for PCSX2 sits at 7-10%. When playing the game, any game really, those seem to be the percentages the emulator use and without any real issue. I just can't understand how or why the "stutter" and/or mini-freezing occurs.

I assume the whole stutter issue, like I stated above, seems like the emulator itself just stops responding for a second or two. Why it does that I have no idea.

The massive slowdown only seems to occur on the OpenGL hardware option when using the scan mode. I don't know what to make of that but I'm guessing you do? The whole reason I started to use the OpenGL hardware setting is because Ghosthunter has this odd issue with turning smoke or dust like effects into squares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY2LCpuwidE - It should have the vid start at 12:00 or close but look at the smoke squares when he shoots. I read on the PCSX2 wiki it's just an issue the game has through emulation which can be "fixed" by using one of the software settings. Since my PC doesn't seem able to use those without strain I tried the OpenGL but unfortunately using that causes the massive slowdown on the speed of the emulator and shoves the GPU usage to 100% when using the scan. Fixes one thing but causes another issue.

EDIT: I should do a quick mention with that vid above. If you pay close attention when the game does that autosave/checkpoint you can see his game stopping for a splint second. My stutter, mini-freezes, are like that but annoyingly frequent. Again not my vid just using it to help show.

https://wiki.pcsx2.net/Ghosthunter - That known issue of the particle effect thing caused me to try and use software then OpenGL. Even if I stick with Direct9 or 11 there will be some instances where the game will massively slowdown from how the emulator, from what I can guess, can't handle all the effects being rendered incorrectly. That or my GPU is just throwing a tantrum against the emulator itself.

This whole thing is a headache I can tell you that. I would just play it on my PS2 but my controllers are getting really worn out and my memory cards don't really work anymore.