Segmentation fault?
Hey everyone,

I'm new trying to get this to work on my Mac, but I think I have it mostly setup correctly, but everytime I go to run a game I get a "segmentation fault". I don't know what that is or how to fix it, I tried reinstalling it but that never worked, any help would be awesome!!

Code:
_openfile /Users/alexlague/Desktop/God of War/GODOFWAR.iso 0
detected blocksize = 2048
isoOpen: /Users/alexlague/Desktop/God of War/GODOFWAR.iso ok
offset = 0
blockofs = 24
blocksize = 2048
blocks = 2064368
type = 2
ZeroGS: creating
Segmentation fault

Thanks!

Sponsored links

It's just normal on linuxes (and Mac port as linux fork). You could not do anything. Well... turn og EErec, you wait until game loaded, than turn it on.
Umm- The game doesn't load though- it just closes pcsx2-
Unless I'm misunderstanding you.. I really am lost
A segmentation fault happens when an application tries to access memory that it's not supposed to access. Basically it's a really generic error that doesn't really tell anyone anything about what's actually wrong and there are a million different reasons why it could be happening. You can try a few things, though.

1 - If you're using Leopard, make sure you have the latest version of Xquartz: http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki
2 - Try the SVN version if you're not already using it: http://pcsx2-mac.quant0r.com/files/pcsx2svn.gz
3 - Make sure you're using the right version of the ZeroGS plugin: http://pcsx2-mac.quant0r.com/files/zerogs.gz
(05-12-2009, 04:08 PM)ubergoten Wrote: Hey everyone,

I'm new trying to get this to work on my Mac, but I think I have it mostly setup correctly, but everytime I go to run a game I get a "segmentation fault". I don't know what that is or how to fix it, I tried reinstalling it but that never worked, any help would be awesome!!

Code:
_openfile /Users/alexlague/Desktop/God of War/GODOFWAR.iso 0
detected blocksize = 2048
isoOpen: /Users/alexlague/Desktop/God of War/GODOFWAR.iso ok
offset = 0
blockofs = 24
blocksize = 2048
blocks = 2064368
type = 2
Segmentation fault

Thanks!

Hey,

I don't know if this will help you, or if I am too late. But I recently had this problem with Final Fantasy X. This is what I did to fix it, but as one of the other posts said there could be a million reasons why your "fault" is occurring.

1. Try loading the emulator all the way before executing the game. What I mean is execute the emulator through execute, BUT DON'T SELECT ANYTHING UNDER EXECUTE, just select ok.

2. Wait for the emulator to load up to the ps2 screen. It may look scrambled(mine did), but its ok.

3. Then once its loaded, hit escape and the little menu thing will come up

4. Then execute the game.

Like I said I don't know if this information will help, but I tried. Biggrin
Hey guys.
I know this is an old topic, but I have something weird. I did your suggestion (download the latest ZeroGS plugin) and changed to it. I get no segmentation error when I run my copy of Jak 3, except 2 problems. Number 1 is this
ZeroGS: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZeroGS: glX-Version 1.4
Xlib: extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-c1HCLp/:0".
ZeroGS: Depth 24
ZeroGS: you have Direct Rendering!
ZeroGS: Failed to find ../../plugins/gs/zerogs/opengl/ps2hw.fx, try compiling a non-devbuild
Launching PeopsSPU2_SDL.
ZeroGS: Disabling MRT depth writing.
And number 2 is that it won't do anything! It's been half-an-hour since I ran the disc, and it's still doing nothing!

Anything that I can do to solve this?
i don't recommend using svn version/zerogs plugins. pcsx2/mac is updated to 0.9.6 and is now a single .pkg file which extracts into an .app. I'll try to fix the known issues during the holidays
im having the same issue as spittingHydra
I tried both ways (executing first then opening the ISO) and (just loading the ISO) and it opens and then blank screen and closes all windows... I really wish this would work.
This is what i pulled from X11

DvdRead: Reading Sector 6930(12 Blocks of Size 2064) at Speed=4x
supervu: 1 cycle branch delay detected: 28d0 28c0
supervu: 1 cycle branch delay detected: 2c60 2c50
supervu: 1 cycle branch delay detected: 2838 2828
supervu: 1 cycle branch delay detected: 2b88 2b78
supervu: 1 cycle branch delay detected: 2ed8 2ec8
ZZogl: Invalid unpack type
supervu: 1 cycle branch delay detected: 3228 3218
DvdRead: Reading Sector 6942(32 Blocks of Size 2064) at Speed=4x
supervu: 1 cycle branch delay detected: 3618 3608
supervu: 1 cycle branch delay detected: 38c8 38b8
supervu: 1 cycle branch delay detected: 1ba8 19b8
DvdRead: Reading Sector 12455(16 Blocks of Size 2064) at Speed=4x
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 1789 Segmentation fault ./pcsx2
This is the problem I'm getting:
Offset 0xea000000 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 49798 Segmentation fault ./pcsx2
I tried to un it again,but interestingly it gave me the same error with a new Number! The number was 49789 but now it is 49807.