ISO plugin problem?
PROBLEM HAS BEEN RESOLVED. I UPDATED TO THE LATEST BETA VERSION. THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S HELP AND FOR MAKING ME AWARE OF THE BETA BUILDS!

After troubleshooting for awhile I've gotten to the point where I need help... and if anyone wants to try and help me its greatly appreciated!

So this is the problem. Whenever I use EFP Iso CDVD Driver 0.6.0 or Linuzappz Iso Cdvd Driver 0.5.0 to try and load an ISO, Pcsx2 0.9.6 instantly crashes. I hit run CD/DVD or try Run --> Execute and I get the same result. A window opens and then Pcsx2 has to shut down. I don't believe it is the ISO files themselves because I've tried this with two different ISOs which I made from the EFP plugin. Both ISOs that I tested are of correct size.

I do not believe it to be a BIOS issue and here is why. If I use Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0 and hit RUN --> Execute the PS2 logo opens and the game (Kingdom Hearts II or Final Fantasy XII) runs perfectly from the DVD. My BIOS is USA v1.60.

I know when I use the ISO plugins the file path is correct and there are no spaces.

Here are my specs.

Asus G50VT
Vista Home Premium 64
DirectX 10
Core 2 Duo @ 2.13 GHz
4GB RAM
GeForce 9800m GS 512MB

The problem seems to happen when I use an ISO CDVD plugin and try to open an ISO. I can run the games from DVD perfectly. And just in case anyone is wondering I am not mounting the ISOs.

Anyone have clue?

Sponsored links

The problem could be that you have mounted the ISO already with a third party ISO mounting tool like Daemon. So first unmount it.
If that does not help delete the ini file/s in the inis folder of pcsx2
(05-26-2009, 07:48 AM)redlof Wrote: The problem could be that you have mounted the ISO already with a third party ISO mounting tool like Daemon. So first unmount it.
If that does not help delete the ini file/s in the inis folder of pcsx2

Thanks but as I said in my earlier post I'm NOT mounting the ISO. So mounting can't be an issue. I tried deleting the files in inis folder but pcsx2 still crashes unfortunately...
Have you tried using File>run CD/DVD?
yes and unfortunately it crashes
(05-26-2009, 08:46 AM)redlof Wrote: Have you tried using File>run CD/DVD?

The thread starter already said he tried running CD/DVD and/or Run --> Execute in the 1st post.
CPU : Intel Core i5 750 | GFX : GeForce GTS 250 1GB | Sound : Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro
RAM : Kingsston 4 GB DDR3 | Casing : CM HAF 922 | OS : Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Are you able to see in errors appear in the Console before it crashes?
Er, what version of the emulator are you using? Linuz 0.5.0 is very old. It's up to 0.9.0 now.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
I'm not able to see any errors in the console. I'm using 0.9.6.