Texture filter, wait vsync and enable output merger blur effect ON

CPU:
EERec ON
VU recompilers ON
Multi threaded GS mode ON

Advanced: EVERYTHING SET TO EITHER NONE OR ZERO

Speed hacks: at the moment, everything is off

My 2 problems Smile:
1) Guilty Gear Accent core + = I get the freezing problem at the asikage logo. PREVIOUSLY on 0.9.6 this was fixed by x3 cycle rate, now that option doesnt exist and it hangs at that logo

2) Tekken 5 = This is a strange problem that i will upload a picture of hopefully. Basically, stage starts, camera zooms in... and it continues to zoom. Into the floor. And it stays there. I can't see anything. I have no idea what settings to tinker around with to fix it

A side note that might be of some use: Soul Calibur also has some strange layer / texture problems and all 3d games are in some way out of whack. Street fighter EX3 has a terrible refresh rate (flickers) and low FPS, tekken 5 has liney stuff (which isnt an issue) and has that fail zoom problem and soul calibur I can't get past the book opening as i can't see any text.

Any help greatly appreciated i'll post any more details if need be
ASUS X56Vseries:
Windows Vista Ultimate x86
Duo T9400 (2 x 2.53 Ghz)
4GB DDR3 RAM
ATI HD 3650 (512mb)

Sponsored links

You shouldn't change advanced options if you don't know what you are doing. Press default there and probably the bugs will be gone (except the video freezing bug)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thanks for that! It fixed my tekken problem straight away (suffered a 30% speed drop but i should be able to work that out)

Unfortuneatly i'm getting the same problem as before on GGXX. Hits the arc system works logo and bam. Frozen. Any particular reason why they took the x3 cycle rate out of the SVN version? that actually made the game work
ASUS X56Vseries:
Duo T9400 (2 x 2.53 Ghz)
4GB DDR3 RAM
ATI HD 3650 (512mb)
They just answer that question in another topic:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-7902.html

Use VU Cycle Stealing instead.
EE cycle x3 was a very nasty hack and it is not supposed to make more games work (more like breaks about 80% of them). So that means that there is some other timing bug in PCSX2 and using cycle x3 was masking it and the game worked.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
we'd rather fix the game properly than have a hack which broke 99% of games in there for that single case.

I suggest putting an issue on Googlecode (if one doesnt already exist for the game) make a dump using an old version which had the cycle rate x3 so we get enough to get past the logo and upload it somewhere (not to google code! we dont have much room), the issue will then be looked in to and hopefully subsequently fixed.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thanks for the speedy replies guys i really appreciate that. I understand about the x3 cycle rate though it DID break 90% of my library. I'll see how save states work while I let the team know on the google code page

@ Refraction - I'll attempt to process what it is you just said to me and get right on that! =D

I'll try and do my part now to give back to the PCSX2 community. I have an extensive library of games including a large number that is beyond mainstream PS2. I also have a large number of old versions which I can test on and comment on results on various versions. I'm no coder but meh I play a lot and can hopefully bring to attention some issues and find some fixes
ASUS X56Vseries:
Duo T9400 (2 x 2.53 Ghz)
4GB DDR3 RAM
ATI HD 3650 (512mb)
well we would appreciate that, being notified of when new builds break games and being able to test those games and make sure we get things right, also maybe fixing existing bugs if we don't already know about them.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]