Gamepad Support for Pcsx2?
hi,

I was playing my DBZ Infinite World on my pc and found controlling the characters very difficult on keyboard. I don't have a gamepad for my PC, but I'm considering buying one. So any controller pligin that allows setting keys for gamepads?

Using LilyPad 0.9.11 crashes pcsx2 upon loading game. My current controller is TwinPad: PadWink mod 0.7.0. It works great for keyboard, but my hand aches using the keyboard so much and I don't want to end up damaging the keyboard by playing the game.

I'm on a strict budget. So could anyone suggest a good controller plugin that supports gamepads? I'm asking this also to consider if I should go through buying the gamepad. I don't want to end up with a gamepad that I may never get to use. Sad

Note: I apologize if this is the wrong section to post this, it seemed to be the best choice to me.

Sponsored links

Well...Lillypad is the best one so let's see if we can't figure out why it's causing things to crash.

What are your full system specs(including operating system)? Also, what version of PCSX2 are you using, and list all your plugins and their various settings.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
hehe i can understand your wos with lilly pad
i usualy use ssspsx pad pressure mod 1.70
with a madcatz xbox 360 usb remote Tongue
works perfect
if you got a x360 usb remote
then just hook it up to your pc download the drivers from microsoft and then set up your controller
(06-24-2009, 05:50 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: Well...Lillypad is the best one so let's see if we can't figure out why it's causing things to crash.

What are your full system specs(including operating system)? Also, what version of PCSX2 are you using, and list all your plugins and their various settings.

Thanks for the quick response.

It'll be a bit difficult to list all plugins, but I will if it's really necessary. For now I'll list currently configured plugins. I can say for sure that it crashes only when I choose LilyPad as controller. Running with TwinPad it works great and does not crash.

--------------
System Specs
--------------

Windows XP Professional (Sp2)
1 GB Crosshair DDR2 800Mhz x 2
XFX NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB DDR3 XXX
Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 Processor
Direct X 9.0c

----------
Pcsx2 Info
----------

Pcsx 2.0.9.6
Graphic Plugin: GSdx 883 0.1.13
Sound: SPU2-X 1.1.0
First Controller: TwinPad: PadWink mod 0.7.0
Second Controller: TwinPad: PadWink mod 0.7.0
Cdvdrom: Gigaher's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0
Dev9: DEV9null Driver 0.3.0
usb: USBnull Driver 0.5.0
FireWire: FWnull Driver 0.4.0

Bios: USA v02.00 (14/06/2004) Console

Hope this is enough. Smile
seriously, update your pcsx2/plugins. gsdx 883 is ancient Wink after you updated pcsx2 and all plugins to their latest beta revisions, then try again with lilypad. it might be just an incompatibility between your up2date lilypad (0.9.11) and an older pcsx2 version.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Gsdx10 didn't work on my winxp, shows error messages. However, I got Gsdx9 0.11.4. Still crashes when using lilypad. Sad
(06-25-2009, 05:56 AM)cssExp Wrote: Gsdx10 didn't work on my winxp, shows error messages. However, I got Gsdx9 0.11.4. Still crashes when using lilypad. Sad

for dx10 you'll need vista/win7.

latest betas:
pcsx2+standard plugins http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
gsdx http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3031.html
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
I figured it required win Vista/7 even though I have a dx10 supported graphic card. I can't afford Win Vista atm, and I don't want to use trial or pirated versions Sad guess I'll never get to use a gamepad with pcsx. Anyway thanks for the suggestions. Smile
Shot in the dark, but you have lillypad selected for both First Controller and Second Controller in the Configure menu, right?
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
no, maybe it's crashing because I'm selecting lilypad for first controller alone. I'll check.