0.9.7. CPU options?
Aaasti I tell you man, its true. I got 'use' to 45 fps? 45 is perfect! If I'm lying then why would I intentionally take away fps if its running normal? I tell you man this is the TRUTH. And no it doesn't just do that in PCSX2. ALL of my games do this if I OC though setfsb, when games like Dragon Age go into cutscenes, the sound doesn't sync with the animations because the animations go to fast to fit the voices which are going at 'normal' paste.

When I get my smart phone sometime in the future I'm going to record this and prove it to you and Bosit.
-SPECS-
i5 3570K Ivy Bridge OC'd 4.5Ghz
GTX 760
16GB DDR3
GA-Z77X-UD3H
CM Hyper 212+

Sponsored links

You can't prove something that goes against known knowledge. Which is for the last time in this thread, 50 FPS for PAL games and 60 FPS for JAP/NTSC games. Maybe you know better than Sony who designed the Playstation 2 but I doubt that. Please stop trying to prove the known Playstation 2 facts are wrong.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
It's just him screwing up his OS timers, most likely.
(06-07-2010, 11:25 PM)Bositman Wrote: You can't prove something that goes against known knowledge. Which is for the last time in this thread, 50 FPS for PAL games and 60 FPS for JAP/NTSC games. Maybe you know better than Sony who designed the Playstation 2 but I doubt that. Please stop trying to prove the known Playstation 2 facts are wrong.

All I know, is what I see tbqh. And what I see shows me that 45 fps runs as fast as ps2 speeds and 50 makes the animations 'faster' than normal. I don't know why it does that, but it does. And again, this is beyond PS2 design, because it does that with my other PC games.
-SPECS-
GTX 760
16GB DDR3
GA-Z77X-UD3H
CM Hyper 212+
(06-07-2010, 11:12 PM)xcyper33 Wrote: Aaasti I tell you man, its true. I got 'use' to 45 fps? 45 is perfect! If I'm lying then why would I intentionally take away fps if its running normal? I tell you man this is the TRUTH. And no it doesn't just do that in PCSX2. ALL of my games do this if I OC though setfsb, when games like Dragon Age go into cutscenes, the sound doesn't sync with the animations because the animations go to fast to fit the voices which are going at 'normal' paste.

When I get my smart phone sometime in the future I'm going to record this and prove it to you and Bosit.

Why do you continue to use an unsafe software overclock when it is producing abnormal results? Do your system a favor and learn how to do a proper bios overclock.
Well AEnigma, setfsb is a trusted software, and its a simple and quick way to OC my computer so I can play the high end emulators.
-SPECS-
GTX 760
16GB DDR3
GA-Z77X-UD3H
CM Hyper 212+
Did you even stress test your computer to see if it is stable? Because apparently it really isn't stable at all. Ænigmatik was not saying setfsb is not safe, rather that for better and more stable overclocks you should use BIOS overclocking options.
(06-08-2010, 12:50 AM)Ænigmatik Wrote:
(06-07-2010, 11:12 PM)xcyper33 Wrote: Aaasti I tell you man, its true. I got 'use' to 45 fps? 45 is perfect! If I'm lying then why would I intentionally take away fps if its running normal? I tell you man this is the TRUTH. And no it doesn't just do that in PCSX2. ALL of my games do this if I OC though setfsb, when games like Dragon Age go into cutscenes, the sound doesn't sync with the animations because the animations go to fast to fit the voices which are going at 'normal' paste.

Why do you continue to use an unsafe software overclock when it is producing abnormal results? Do your system a favor and learn how to do a proper bios overclock.

(06-08-2010, 01:00 PM)xcyper33 Wrote: Well AEnigma, setfsb is a trusted software, and its a simple and quick way to OC my computer so I can play the high end emulators.

(06-08-2010, 01:08 PM)Bositman Wrote: Did you even stress test your computer to see if it is stable? Because apparently it really isn't stable at all. Ænigmatik was not saying setfsb is not safe, rather that for better and more stable overclocks you should use BIOS overclocking options.

+1

Programs like setfsb and Turbo V (Should you have an Asus mobo) are all well and good for doing a quick bench, but you are so much better actually going through the bios and getting it stable.

Correct me if I am wrong Bosit, but because the CPUs in PCs aren't the same as in the PS2, with the emulator certain calculations are rounded or done differently, so an even slightly unstable OC would create greater instability/strange results
Mobo: Asus M4A79XTD EVO
CPU: AMD 720BE @3.4GHz @ 1.4V
Memory: 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
Graphics: EVGA GTX 260 @700/1500/1100
HDD: 500GB Samsung F3 + 500GB Storage
I know I have a very OC-friendly Mobo, but damnit having to change voltage, and all that crap seems really overwhelming.
-SPECS-
GTX 760
16GB DDR3
GA-Z77X-UD3H
CM Hyper 212+
Just find a guide on the net for your motherboard, there are tons usually and always take it slow. Voltage changes should only be needed on large overclocks anyway.