A Fix for Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
(11-02-2014, 08:04 AM)Slvr99 Wrote: Finally, a fix for Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly has been found! Currently, the fix is in the form of a cheat, so hopefully someone could implement this fix into the actual release of the emulator to fix it officially. All credit for this fix goes to "LXShadow". So here's they are for both PAL and NTSC:
Code:
NTSC: patch=1,EE,001e71dc,word,24020001
PAL:  patch=1,EE,001E763C,word,24020001

Apparently this patch has been added to either the latest build or a branch based off the latest... either way... I didn't have to add this patch to my game after I installed PCSX2's latest revision... worth a shot though! you save many people many hours of pain and suffering!

Sponsored links

(11-02-2014, 04:37 PM)Coornio Wrote: HOLY ***** IT WORKS WOO!

@Blyss: Add this to the list of games that do not work with MTVU. When MTVU is enabled, everything is an SPS mess. And i do mean EVERYTHING, even the menus.

EDIT: Any VU Cycle Stealing WILL REDUCE visible framerate in the game and make it choppy, so avoid it at all costs. I believe this is because the game tries to really output 50/60 FPS (which is why i remember it being so unbelievably smooth when i played it on the PS2) and the setting works against it. The game is EE heavy, mainly. EE Cyclerate hack seems safe on '2' but i haven't been in a very intensive screen yet to see if it reduces the framerate. EDIT: My CPU is officially too weak to even test this. The first level brings me down to 30 FPS on overviews with the speedhack on, so i'm gonna need someone else with a powerful i7 to test whether the hack reduces framerate fluidity.

ISSUES: Cut scenes appear to be out of sync with their audio. Sometimes the audio of an action may cut off prematurely, for example when capturing dragonflies.

yeah, using even the slightest amount of cycle stealing will decrease the percieved FPS... I just took a look... you can change the cycle rate and that will add some tangible improvements. I checked this on 3 different systems:

1: using an AMD FX8150 CPU and a Radeon 7950 GPU: severe visual FPS drop with cycle stealing
2: AMD FX6300 and ATI Radeon 5770: same deal, FPS decrease with CS
3: AMD A10 5750M (AMD Radeon 8650G + R5 M230): again, FPS decrease with CS, average 50=60% visual decrease in FPS with GSDX STILL reporting 60 FPS and VSync working fine

as for the cyclerate hacks... I was looking at a 15-30% improvement in FPS depending on the CPU core I was emulating on. The 5750M showed the most improvement using the CR hack, I went from 43 FPS to 68.25 with the frame limiter off... the FX6300 and 8150 chips were keeping the game above the 80FPS margin even without the speed hack... so the fluidiy and consistency of the limited framerate will be more stable when you use the EE Cyclerate.
(11-02-2014, 08:04 AM)Slvr99 Wrote: Finally, a fix for Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly has been found! Currently, the fix is in the form of a cheat, so hopefully someone could implement this fix into the actual release of the emulator to fix it officially. All credit for this fix goes to "LXShadow". So here's they are for both PAL and NTSC:
Code:

I'm completely new to having an emulator (like just got it an hour ago) and don't know how to use this to fix the game.  Can anyone help me out?
Have you just tried running the game using latest git? Possibly the hack is added to the database and is applied automatically as already mentioned above.
(10-16-2015, 08:04 AM)willkuer Wrote: Have you just tried running the game using latest git? Possibly the hack is added to the database and is applied automatically as already mentioned above.

Don't know what that is.  I googled it and it came up with a program called git.
If it's a setting i can probably figure it out eventually, but I don't really know where to start with it.
Its a newer development version of PCSX2 found here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I'm abit of a noob with emulators can someone please explain to me how to use patches
(01-05-2016, 11:07 AM)LukeOtisSmith Wrote: I'm abit of a noob with emulators can someone please explain to me how to use patches

Sure...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-05-2016, 11:07 AM)LukeOtisSmith Wrote: I'm abit of a noob with emulators can someone please explain to me how to use patches

Have you just tried running the game using latest git? Possibly the hack is added to the database and is applied automatically as already mentioned above.
Code:
How do i fix it?????????