Any plans for native zip support
So, no 7zip support planned ? Pity. Then again, the devs dont consider it important to even make a log output overlay for the main window.

Sponsored links

if it would work, we'd probably do it! I feel your pain, having all my games in iso format takes up a lot of space (however i don't like the speed/laggyness of it and my drive is loud lol), so im currently using an NTFS compressed folder to store them as it is the safest option.

If a game compresses well, it probably just has loads of dummy files in there, you can get tools to remove the dummy files which will make it take up less room. No dummy files will be smaller than NTFS/bzip compressed dummy files Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Can you direct me to such a tool that doesn't screw up PS2 isos?
just hunting one down now Smile

Edit: Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?yyztoc3nnvijsn4

and here is a turorial on how to use it. http://www.freewebs.com/expert_tool/DVD5...torial.htm

Really nice tip about NTFS compression... I don't have any PS2 backups available now but I tested it on a PS1 title and the size went from 140mb to 75mb (on disk). I like the blue font too. Will this create any additional stress on the CPU or affect load times?
The impact of NTFS compression is extremely minimal, you probably wont notice.

I see that Windows 7 already compresses my memorycards (The filenames are blue colored, might also mean that they're indexed)
PCSX2 does that by default for the memory cards
Theres an option in pcsx2 to turn that off if you want

(02-20-2013, 02:04 PM)refraction Wrote: Theres an option in pcsx2 to turn that off if you want

There's a checkbox for that when creating a new memory card, at: Config > Memory Cards > Create (> bottom of the dialog).