BEST GPU FOR PCSX2
(05-01-2010, 05:13 PM)CKL Wrote: Actually, scaling scales the native resolution, not the numbers you put in the boxes.

scaling affects post processing effects, specifically the resolution of post processing effects in hardware mode. 1x is the buggiest as it will be equal to the internal resolution you set - which might be disproportionate to the native resolution. 2x - 6x are multiples of the native resolution.

Since I have it set at 3x, that means in Shadow of the Colossus the blurring / depth of field effects are rendered at 1536x1536 (3 x 512).
C2D E8400 @ 4ghz
Asus Maximus Formula
G.Skill 4gb (2x2gb) @ 1000mhz
XFX 5870 1gb
Intel X-25m 160GB SSD
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
Dell 30" 3007wfp

Sponsored links

(05-01-2010, 01:50 PM)samrat4u Wrote: should i go with nvdia 220 GT

I personally recommend the 9600GT over the GT220, since the former has more raw calculating power.
I should note that the GT220 does have a 512mb memory version and a 1024mb version (while the 9600GT only has a 512mb version), but I think the 9600GT still wins with affecting PCSX2's performance.
Oh, and make sure the card physically fits your case. Looking up the dimensions of the card you're buying and taking measurements of inside your case will be a good idea.

(05-01-2010, 01:50 PM)samrat4u Wrote: what should i do about overheating?????

You can do a couple of things to lessen the heat, but overheating is only an issue if your card gets REALLY hot.
That's something to worry about only if the card goes over 55+ degrees Celsius when idle and 80+ when working.

But if you intend on overclocking it, I'd suggest researching the topic quite a bit before you do. Overclocking will void the manufacturer's warranty, and fiddling with the video card can potentially damage it. If it works, that's improved performance. But if it fails, that's money wasted.

Good luck to ya! Smile
well....thank u so much Redlined..........it helps me alot....but......can u tell me about comparsion between XFX-PALIT-ASUS....................which bran is best.....9600GT of XFX is very costly than PALIT one.......what does it mean?.........change in performance?
Samrat4u -
I took at look at the 9600GT offerings of those three companies, and I realized the 9600GT DOES have a 1024 mb version.
I also noticed that there are multiple models of the 9600GT for each company--some have 512mb, some have 1024mb, and others are overclocked versions.
I don't know which ones you are looking at, but the XFX might be more expensive because of one or more of the following reasons:
1) XFX has lifetime warranties on its cards, as opposed to # of years after purchase. (More product life)
2) That particular model is a 1024mb version, as opposed to a 512mb version. (More performance)
3) That particular model is an already-overclocked version, as opposed to normal stock speeds. (More performance)

I'll need to know exactly which models and versions you're looking at.
Can you elaborate?
Well.....as u know,i dont know about graphic cards...dats why i made this thread...actually i m lokin for XFX 9600GT or 9800GT......but looks like 9800GT is too expensive and exceed the limit of my money....and i trust Nvdia more than ATI....can u plz tell me dat where should i go............u already helped me alot......glad if u help me to find out...Happy

sorry for poor englishTongue
just Go get an XFX or an EVGA card since they will be worth Ur money and just go with Ur gut as well since U'r the one thats gonna use it although i'm using an ATI 4870 right now Im plannin on selling it to get an Nvidia gtx250 since although the card performed well on newer game's some of my older and a few online game's have driver related problem's in it and it's godDamn annoying a heck of lot of my older game's[MG Substance,and a lot more] does not work well either ending up on a BSOD or a hang up although I can fix it with using older driver's it's the newer game's turn to have a problem[like the last remnant and a few more] they wont run at all using the older drivers its turning me insane so I'll just go back to Nvidia again never had those problem on Nvidia cards I'll just buy myself One after selling my card to a friend
My New PC
[Image: 1714419.png]
[Image: stargate_sg_1_stamp_by_OmegaDreamSeeker11.jpg]
i bought my E8500 + nvidia 9800 GTX more than a year and a half ago, is it good enough or do I need an update to run most PS2 games with PCSX2 ?
It will be good for most games, only the most demanding games will run at low speed. If you know how to overclock you have a great pc for pcsx2.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
What about the Radeon HD 5870? Is this card more powerfull for the pcsx or the diference arent this bigger in comparison with the 9800gt? Im thinking in buying one if the diference are enought.

By the way, ive tryed the game Odin Sphere on my 7600GT and on a 8800GT of a friend and see no diference, theres still the same slow downs and framerate dropdowns (at the first and last opening sections for example), does a significant diference realy exist from one card to another or is it slightly?

And what about the project? is it canned or is it still moving, because its has been a long time without official release and im beggining to worry.

Thanks.
(05-05-2010, 05:08 AM)ViNGaDoRjr Wrote: What about the Radeon HD 5870? Is this card more powerfull for the pcsx or the diference arent this bigger in comparison with the 9800gt? Im thinking in buying one if the diference are enought.

Is the 5870 more powerful than 9800gt? Definitely.Will it help for your games? It depends on the games and if they're bottlenecked by the card or the CPU.

Quote:By the way, ive tryed the game Odin Sphere on my 7600GT and on a 8800GT of a friend and see no diference, theres still the same slow downs and framerate dropdowns (at the first and last opening sections for example), does a significant diference realy exist from one card to another or is it slightly?

Again it depends on what is causing the slowdowns on the game, could be CPU or GPU and well if it's CPU then getting a better graphics card may change nothing at all (except being able to run higher resolutions i guess Tongue)

Quote:And what about the project? is it canned or is it still moving, because its has been a long time without official release and im beggining to worry.

There's still betas (last was march plugins pack) and you can always check the SVN googlecode page for current updates, stable releases don't really say much.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64