Before I get a new graphics card...
Even the memory speed is useless because whats counting is the bandwith, anyway even the bandwith is managed differently between 2 cards (the maxwell bandwith is smaller, but its more effective).
Whats counting really is ingame benchs, latencies, etc etc.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert

Sponsored links

(03-27-2015, 09:47 PM)Coma Wrote: Even the memory speed is useless because whats counting is the bandwith, anyway even the bandwith is managed differently between 2 cards (the maxwell bandwith is smaller, but its more effective).
Whats counting really is ingame benchs, latencies, etc etc.

Yeah, I know it's just frequency. You're not arguing with anyone. I'm just saying it should represent them as equally as possible.
Well, I have to say, the 750Ti is a good looking card for my setup, but I can't help but wonder, does the AMD/ATI side of things measure up? ( I lost an auction to get a 750Ti at a great price, so I'm broadening my options)

I'm basing this question alone on the Videobenchmark site (http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html). I don't have a preference to which brand, so please, no arguments. The basics are this:

The card needs to be under 100$, ( I'll postulate 115$ USD MAX, shipping included), PCI express, very quiet, not need a PS upgrade from my current 450 thermaltake, must have standard HDMI (like that won't happen :/) and best bang for my buck. I do not plan on upgrading this computer any more after this, I'm an old-timer so current games need not apply, ( I like SSX, Kingdom Hearts, GTA San andreas, and a few of the Final Fantasy games, 7, 8 and 9 specifically).

The AMD Radeon 6970 looks decent enough, thoughts?
(03-28-2015, 12:02 AM)hygsuperslayer Wrote: The AMD Radeon 6970 looks decent enough, thoughts?

I think the 6970 needs an 8 pin and a 6 pin. I don't think most 450w have both.
(03-28-2015, 12:02 AM)hygsuperslayer Wrote: The AMD Radeon 6970 looks decent enough, thoughts?
It fares worse than the GTX-560 Ti. if you're going for the AMD side, try to atleast get a Radeon HD 7850.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
The 6970 eats power for a snack. You'd need a better PSU for that.
That and decent ventilation.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
For $115 I think your 2 best choices are a 260x or a 750. The 260x is a slightly faster, so I'd recommend that.

Plus, you'll get an extra gb with the radeon at this price.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controll...&A=details
(03-28-2015, 06:30 PM)dogen Wrote: For $115 I think your 2 best choices are a 260x or a 750. The 260x is a slightly faster, so I'd recommend that.
He did mention that he had a deal of GTX-560Ti at his given price range. which is better than both the GTX-750 and the 260X hence, that would be the best buy performance wise.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-28-2015, 06:35 PM)ssakash Wrote: He did mention that he had a deal of GTX-560Ti at his given price range. which is better than both the GTX-750 and the 260X hence, that would be the best buy performance wise.

Me mention a 560Ti?
(04-01-2015, 12:15 AM)hygsuperslayer Wrote: Me mention a 560Ti?

(03-25-2015, 11:13 PM)hygsuperslayer Wrote: What are everyone's thoughts on these models:

GTX 560 Ti
GTX 750 Ti
GT 740
- Refraction