Can't run anything with constant good fps :(
(06-23-2011, 09:01 PM)Dread872 Wrote: (...)
Core Temp readings:
all six cores capable of jumping from 6% to 82% loads and such, but never at the same time, seems to be taking turns. Cant post a good reading its pretty random here.
(...)
Not really sure if that would lead to any slowdowns, but it's worth to try to change it, press ctrl+alt+del after running pcsx2>run task menager, inside go to process tab, select pcsx2 process, right click and set coligation then uncheck all except 2 cores. Maybe if it stops jumping between them it'll work better.

Also other possibility to check, does the core clocks set correctly to max while you run pcsx2 or they stay at 800mhz or something between like 1.8ghz? AMD Cool&Quiet is very nice and eco friendly(if you can call that any VI core cpu O.o) feature, but there are a few settings on how it could work and I'm not really sure which is the case for 6 core Phenoms. It's possible with you having soo many cores that it doesn't turn 100% power couse most of your cpu cores are at 0% and maybe it's set as ganged based on average load. Meaning it never give you full power untill most cores will require itTongue. If that's the case you could turn it off or better probably, get a program to set it as unganged or ganged based on highest load from under windows like "K10Stat"(sorry not sure if this one works with over 4 core cpu's:C) or similar.

Sponsored links

I do not see any errors relevant to this, or any errors at all since ive had pcsx2 installed again. and before that
Alright ill check out my core coligation
(06-23-2011, 09:35 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Possibility to check, does the core clocks set correctly to max while you run pcsx2 or they stay at 800mhz or something between like 1.8ghz?

Yeah they stay at 803.65mhz mate
I found processor affinity and it didn't help it, so I'll try something else

I'm not sure I understand it completely but, how might i make my cores unganged? If it is simple enough I'd like to do it and try out
Oh good to know:3 I was lazy to change my windows language to check how that option is named there. But if the cores STAY at 800mhz, then that's exactly your problem.
You can turn off completely Cool&Quiet in bios if you don't care for power consumption or find a program that can affect Cool&Quiet from Windows. It's just windows thinks you don't need full power of your cpu couse pcsx2 can't use all cores and this makes him give you soo little power to use per core. Eco power owned emulationTongue.
The passing around of the PCSX2 load is thanks to Windows 7. It actually helps on my rig, but I've never seen it from AMDs (quads, that is). Setting affinity may or may not help.

What's saying such a low clock/load? Check TMonitor. You can record a log file with it and post accurate readings. Wink

You could also check your Power Plan (in Control Panel's Power Options), and set that to "High Performance". This sets the minimum processor state to 100%.

Also, in review, your settings are more-or-less at default (few idea changes aside), right?
(06-23-2011, 09:58 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Oh good to know:3 I was lazy to change my windows language to check how that option is named there. But if the cores STAY at 800mhz, then that's exactly your problem.
You can turn off completely Cool&Quiet in bios if you don't care for power consumption or find a program that can affect Cool&Quiet from Windows. It's just windows thinks you don't need full power of your cpu couse pcsx2 can't use all cores and this makes him give you soo little power to use per core. Eco power owned emulationTongue.

Disabled it and it still does it. They're still at 800mhz unless given a load it cant take on with it.
yeah they're default and im having trouble using tmonitor, isnt giving me any readings during recording

(06-23-2011, 10:32 PM)Dread872 Wrote: They're still at 800mhz unless given a load it cant take on with it.
Just to clear that - during emulation ~when your game lags in pcsx2~ they stay at 800mhz? Meaning pcsx2 seem to "not give enough load" which seems strange as windows power modes shouldn't have such effect on their own.
Or you ment it stays 800mhz with pcsx2 that's not running any games - that would be normal...

In case of the first... I googled a bit and read some topic about your cpu, in my language soo maybe I'll not give a link;P, but generally somebody had a problem with his Phenom II x6 giving out only 800mhz, it was unresolved topic, but most likely happened by cheap asrock motherboard that wasn't fully supporting anything above x4.
(to be exact the motherboard supported cpu's till max TDP at 95W, while this one has max TDP at 140W edit: I actually notice there are few versions of this cpu with different max TDP, it could happen your motherboard support x6, but only version with lower max TDP and soo it doesn't wanna work at full power ~ just a theory)
Hmm..I see. I did have to go through something when I installed these parts. my motherboards bios had to be updated to the latest which handled six core but didnt list one that was as powerful as mine, i went with it anyways and my comp worked but yeah..i could wait for a new motherboard down the line i suppose.. for now i think ill just give up. It's very frustrating for me and I can't take it anymore.

Sorry to hear that, post your motherboard model, maybe someone else have some other idea for the problem. Anyway good luck that cpu seem to be really nice with it's 3.7ghz turbo, a pity to see this unresolved.