Configuring for FFX/XII
Try turning off "allow 8-bit textures" in GSdx for the FFXII menus.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

Yeah the keyboard controls for FFXII are quite messy. I have the direction keys on the keyboard as the left analog stick (movement), the lower num-pad keys as the D-Pad (selecting menus) and upper num-pad keys as right analog stick (camera movement).

When you only have one person on your party, you can bind both the left analog stick and D-pad to the direction keys, but when you have more than one person, it screws up since pressing up or down goes to the 'Select Leader' menu =/
(10-12-2009, 11:20 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Try turning off "allow 8-bit textures" in GSdx for the FFXII menus.

That fixed it, thanks a lot. Smile
I'd +rep you guys if there was a rep system. Laugh
For the controls, is it possible to map "shift+XYZ" and "alt+XYZ" keys/macros? I use a USB controller, so it's a moot point, but as a World of Warcraft junkie, I'm quite familiar with trying to work with awkward keybindings Tongue
AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4Ghz
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit
Hey, i'm new here and playing FF12
I always get about 50% fps
Using the latest public beta(r1888),
I've got an intel C2D E-4500, 1GB RAM
and the inbuilt GPU from Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family
Help me guys, i'm sick of hearing yyyyyyyooooooouuuuuuu ttttttthhhhhheeeeeeerrrrrrreeeeee Tongue
Tick "native" in GSdx, nothing much more you can do with that GPU.
Your computer is a bit on the slow side. Your processor is clocked at 2.2ghz where the recommended is 3.2ghz and your graphics are onboard intel brand which are never good for any sort of gaming, PS2 games especially.

Best bet? If you can't afford to upgrade your computer, make sure that you are using "native res" in PCSX2 settings, play around with speed hacks till you find a nice stable combination, and you can try setting clamping to "none" in advanced.

(edit) Shadowlady strikes again!
Thanks guys, donno how but i messed around a LOT and even oc'd my processor and finally ff12 is giving me a constant 60 fps!!!
tho graphics aren't the best in the world but i can deal wid dat as graphics take a back seat for me in front of gameplay
What would you guys recommend for
Q8200 2,33ghz - 2GB 800mhz - XFX 8600gt xxx
?

I've been tweaking around and without native res I can
get a really smooth (faster then 100% if I untick fps limiting)
play generally (menus, battles, walking around), but in
some areas it just lags and glitches all over, normally
with some npcs around, and sometimes it takes some time to "get
used" and it plays smoother and normally, like it's loading something.
I don't know what's wrong, since, in these areas, ticking native res, or
unticking most speed hacks doesn't give me any results.

Thanks, guys.
Your CPU is a little weak, getting lower than full speed in some parts is expected and there's nothing much you can do about it... try the latest beta if you aren't already.