DS4 To XInput Wrapper
I wonder.. is it possible to reprogram the battery level to be shown in singles instead of multiples of 10?, I'd like a bit more precision here instead of 10% 20% etc
I looked at the code myself but I can't really figure it how.

The data comes from a byte-array, so you'll get a value between -128-127 this alone should suffice for using singles? battery charge at 5% = 5;

Also, I don't get why this code is here:
Code:
if (isUsb)
{
    battery = (status - 16) * 10;
    if (battery > 100)
        battery = 100;
}
else
{
    battery = (status + 1) * 10;
    if (battery > 100)
        battery = 100;
}

battery is a local int, where status is the integer charge given as parameter

I've tried multiple things myself to get this to a single-count myself but I'm starting to think the controller itself only works in multiples of 10 with the battery charge

Sponsored links

if anyone is trying to play dark souls 2 but is having no luck it's because the computer thinks there are two controllers plugged in. When the DS4tool is open make sure to have the box labeled "Hide DS4 Controller" checked. Dark Souls 2 should now work fine.
I am using 1.2.2 and when I plug in my ps4 controller and start scpServer, my computer does a hard freeze. I have to do a hard reset for the pc. Is the due to driver issues?
(04-26-2014, 04:52 PM)Scorpion5679 Wrote: I am using 1.2.2 and when I plug in my ps4 controller and start scpServer, my computer does a hard freeze. I have to do a hard reset for the pc. Is the due to driver issues?

I'm having the exact same problem as you. Been trying to figure out whats going on all morning and have had no luck yet.
(04-26-2014, 02:16 PM)calvin079 Wrote: if anyone is trying to play dark souls 2 but is having no luck it's because the computer thinks there are two controllers plugged in. When the DS4tool is open make sure to have the box labeled "Hide DS4 Controller" checked. Dark Souls 2 should now work fine.

Had the same problem as you.. Figured out a fix for myself hopefully it works for you. You need to run that ScpDriver file and uninstall it. Then go to https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us...or-windows and download the latest xbox 360 software package.. install (have your controller unplugged during all of this). After that re run scp driver install the bus. Run the server and presto should hopefully work for you.. remember you still need to hide the controller for dark souls 2 to see it, but it worked for me. Sorry for sloppy formatting, but I'm getting back to ds2 peace. Smile
(04-27-2014, 12:09 AM)AngryIguana Wrote: Had the same problem as you.. Figured out a fix for myself hopefully it works for you. You need to run that ScpDriver file and uninstall it. Then go to https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us...or-windows and download the latest xbox 360 software package.. install (have your controller unplugged during all of this). After that re run scp driver install the bus. Run the server and presto should hopefully work for you.. remember you still need to hide the controller for dark souls 2 to see it, but it worked for me. Sorry for sloppy formatting, but I'm getting back to ds2 peace. Smile

Made an account just to say thanks a bunch for posting this! Worked like a charm!
I finally got around to trying my DS4 out in place of my Wii-U Pro Controller+Mayflash dongle (I really like this pad layout, enough to make me go buy a Hori FPS Assault Pad for use on my PS3. I like this ruberized plastic feel of the controller shell). and I'm really liking it.
I didn't think I'd ever make use of the touchpad, always assumed it was a very basic and gimmicky touchpad. I'm glad I had a spontaneous desire to use it for Dark Souls 2.

Cheers to everyone who has contributed to this project. So much potential.

I do have an idea, and I appologise if this has been mentioned already. This is not a feature request per se, there are more important things that need to be done, but this might inspire some other ideas for the future. My ideas are usually crap anyways since they're usually very situational or something very few people would make use of (kind of like how I want a sound card with HDMI input that is not passthrough so I can play my consoles (7.1 PCM) and listen to music (PC, 7.1 PCM) from the same speakers at the same time without sacrificing audio channels or quality.)

So what is this idea? Gestures.
I use Opera for my browser, as back in the day mouse gesture extensions for other browsers were either very poorly done (unresponsive, required a delay between gestures) or just plain didn't exist. I tried using mouse gestures using the touchpad in various modes, but how the touchpad behaves (judder/jitter, small movements angle "snapping") makes this unusable.
I know there is a multitouch gesture for scrolling, but what about other actions as a gesture? I realize this is first and foremost a game controller and these bring nothing to the table to improve that function.

Examples of what I mean are below. I only call them gestures because what I thought of at the time involved the touchpad button and sticks.
padpress (top) + left/right stick up/down/left/right = changing button configs to whatever profile is set to that direction.
padpress (touch) + left stick up/down = scrolling jump, top/bottom of the page ala home/end.
padpress (multitouch) + right stick up/down & left/right & R3 = Controling 3D driver settings, up/down increase/decrease depth (default for Nvidia is ctrl+F3/F4, I don't know ATi's sorry), left/right increases/decreases convergence (ctrl+F5/F6) , R3 saves settings (ctrl+F7)
padtouch/padpress + right stick/six axis = custom actions/binds. If you've played Heavy Rain/Two Souls, thats the kind of motion gestures I was thinking of for either stick or six axis. Assign your media keys to a gesture, then touch the pad, flick the controller or stick and change your music via Foobar2000/<insert media player here> without changing windows or using your keyboard if you don't have media keys.
You get the idea. As I said, not a feature request per se, just throwing an idea out and hope it leads to something even if it's unrelated. You never know where inspiration may come from.

(04-26-2014, 08:11 PM)AngryIguana Wrote: I'm having the exact same problem as you. Been trying to figure out whats going on all morning and have had no luck yet.
I was having this problem as well with any versions of SCP drivers and/or DS4-tool branches, but I think I fixed it for myself. I was setting up my DS4 at the same time I was trying everything to unlock my realtek onboard sound for dolby digital (for Dolby Headphones via Astro Mixamp). Because I was doing so many things at once, I can't really say what, if anything, was the cure for me, but I've not had any freezes the past 6 hours.

Some of the things I did that may or may not help is (I'm on Win7 x64, running in "test" mode as described in the techpowerup link above):
Unpluged everything except what was needed (only usb devices connected are keyboard and mouse, nothing else.)
Uninstalled all the drivers for any HID devices and other controllers. For me this includes my Wacom tablets, some uneeded cell phone dev/testing tools, Logitech G-13 controller (similar to a Nostromo), Logitech G600 mouse (setpoint is depreciated, replaced with logitech gaming software like the G13 uses), Xbox controllers (x360 and steel batallion controller), Mayflash USB dongles, and the SCP drivers. I have no bluetooth devices.
Uninstalled all .net stuff I had for specific reasons I no longer needed. Rebooted, reinstalled only .net 3.5 and 4.
(re)Installed all the MS visual C redist packages I had from oldest to newest, x86 and x64 versions of 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2012. I needed each of them for some programs, only reinstalled to fix any potential broken dll registers that uninstalling some older programs give me (they uninstall some of the dll's for whatever reason but not all of it).
Rebooted, again.
Updated windows, haven't updated since SP1 (I usually update only if the update fixes problems I'm having-- don't fix what ain't broken yeah?) Rebooted, updated again, rebooted, updated again, rebooted. Finally all the updates were installed.
Made certian all files for my HID devices and controlers were gone, including registry entries and the Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\. Found more mayflash crap, deleted proper, and rebooted.
Downloaded and installed most recent drivers for my HID devices. Did not install anything for my other controllers (mayflash, wheels, custom driver for Steel Battalion controller). I disabled my G13's joystick option in the logitech gaming software and also DISABLED the G13 via device manager. Once more, rebooted.

You might think I've done alot of needless rebooting, but remember this was all done while messing around with unlocking my Realtek drivers. This is nothing but a simple list of what I've done in between that I think could be relevant to DS4 crashing.

Followed Scarlet.Crush's instructions as per THIS post.
Haven't had a lick of trouble since.

Potentially related to the freezes:
My old PS2 mayflash dongle would often cause my machine to lockup randomly when plugging or unplugging it from usb ports, so I think this issue stems from how drivers interact with USB and not the device attached to it.
I don't know how USB communication works at a technical level, but could one USB version (1, 2, or 3) be more problematic that others? What about motherboard USB drivers or BIOS/UEFI settings? If it helps, I have an ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, I was using a USB 3 port on said motherboard when I had freezes, but now I use the USB 2 port on my Razer Blackwidow Stealth keyboard so I can use my longer cable with other devices and my very short one with DS4 as it's right next to me.
(04-26-2014, 10:34 AM)imdabestman Wrote: I just registered to say that ticking "hide DS4 controller", then pressing stop and start again fixed it for me, now I can play DS2 with my DS4. Laugh

Thanks a ton!

Glad the video helped - there's some weird bugs and behaviour which can still occur - but for the most part, if you do what I show in the video it works every time.
I've got a problem with 1.2.2 where closing the application after applying options such as the light bar for battery, start minimized, enable touch to click, etc. doesn't save. When I re-open SCPServer it's like I've opened it for the first time. Is there a fix for this?

Edit: Moving it out of /Program Folders/ to Desktop lets it save. Windows 8.1 is a headache with read/write permissions.
ok, i'm not really sure why but i cant get this to work for dark souls 2; especially annoying since it worked just fine with dark souls 1.

just to be clear, i'm not trying to get this to work through bluetooth. i'm using a cord.

so i got the newest version of ds4tool and have been trying to get it to work. plug in the controller and launch the game through steam didn't work. so i looked around, saw that i needed to enable "hide ps4 controller". i click that and get an error message "unhandled exception has occurred in your application, click continue to ignore error or click quit to close application". clicked ignore and launched the game, still no success.

strangely this doesn't really seem to be a problem with the ds4tool, since i can still get the touch pad to function as a mouse pad and the full screen mode for steam works perfectly with the controller.

EDIT; clicked the "controllers" button in ds4tool, pop up menu shows the wired controlled, listed as 360 controller, and a second wireless controller. checked devices and printers and that second wireless controller is listed there too.

heres the error message i get when i try to hide controller

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.OpenProcess(Int32 processId, Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetModuleInfos(Int32 processId, Boolean firstModuleOnly)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_Modules()
at ScpServer.ScpForm.hideDS4CheckBox_CheckedChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.set_CheckState(CheckState value)
at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ScpServer
Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.3
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Computer/Desktop/DS4Tool%201.2.2/ScpServer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
ScpControl
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Computer/Desktop/DS4Tool%201.2.2/ScpControl.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
HidLibrary
Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Computer/Desktop/DS4Tool%201.2.2/HidLibrary.DLL
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

edit2: so after playing with the device manager i can pretty much say the problem is the error message that appears when i try to hide the controller. it doesn't actually hide the controller and trying to disable the controller just disables the ps4 controller. anyone have a fix for this error?

EDIT3: OK, figured out the problem (and now i feel stupid). just need to run the .exe as admin, that completely eliminates the error when trying to hide controller.