InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
Hello, I'm new to this forum but I've been using DS4Windows recently. It's a great tool, but I've run into a problem as of late: When mapping the arrow keys to the D-pad for use with Visual Boy Advance (a GBA emulator), they won't work properly. Joy2Key doesn't detect hat switches on controllers, so I had to use the DS4Windows' profiler. Even though I mapped the arrow keys to the directional buttons on the emulator, and the arrow keys to the D-pad in DS4's profile editor, it still does not work.

Turns out, when the d-pad is pressed, it registers a numpad key instead (8/4/6/2), so I've had to map the controller to those keys instead. I know the DS4 D-Pad is considered a hat switch by the computer, but is it at all possible to make a setting that maps directional function to the D-pad instead of the left analog stick?

Sponsored links

(10-23-2014, 01:09 AM)jhebbel Wrote: So I just wanna throw this out there, as a sort of PSA, anybody looking to do a battery mod absolutely under no circumstance buy one of the batteries online that claim to be 2000mAh and double your life, they are fake.

It is physically impossible for a battery of the same voltage and size/weight to have double the mAh rating especially while retaining the plastic casing, these are always ALWAYS fake mislabeled DS3 / DS4 OEM batteries never surpassing 1000mAh and usually closer to 500-800mAh.

For those of you more tech savvy folks though there are site where you can get very specific batteries that will work.

After using a caliper and measuring both my original battery and the available spacing I have settled on a 1800mAh battery that from what I can find is likely the best you are gonna do. Unfortunately the spare connector did not arrive today so review and How To will not be up today, but as the battery is from a reputable source and not a application specific battery, I am pretty confident that this will see an 80% boost over the original battery.

Very interesting. I wanted to do that but failed to find a suitable battery. Like you say, I have seen 2kAh batteries as well as ... 4kAh somewhere... I will keep your battery reference man, thanks Laugh
How long does your pad stay up now?
(10-23-2014, 02:27 AM)Star Wrote: the DS3 sticks require modding unfortunately. the base of it is too big, and the actual stick that holds up the top is larger so it reduces the range of motion.

here's a picture of mine with some stick caps.
Ahh bummer

(10-23-2014, 06:04 AM)EvaUnit02 Wrote: I donated $10 and am logged in with my DSD account but the ads have still not been removed. Who do I e-mail to get this resolved?
Me, hit the email icon at bottom of this post or just reply to the email that was sent to your paypal email saying that your account was not found

(10-23-2014, 08:11 AM)Orikson Wrote: Great to hear that, looking forward (as usual) Laugh

I have seen this one, but as far as I remember it was a color gradient from "color to black", wasn't it? Maybe change it to a "color to white" gradient, which will fit better to the lightbar, which is white without any lighting
Cannot change that because adding white to a color actually makes it brighter, black is the absence of color which is why that makes it darker

(10-23-2014, 08:35 AM)LemGambino Wrote: Hello, I'm new to this forum but I've been using DS4Windows recently. It's a great tool, but I've run into a problem as of late: When mapping the arrow keys to the D-pad for use with Visual Boy Advance (a GBA emulator), they won't work properly. Joy2Key doesn't detect hat switches on controllers, so I had to use the DS4Windows' profiler. Even though I mapped the arrow keys to the directional buttons on the emulator, and the arrow keys to the D-pad in DS4's profile editor, it still does not work.

Turns out, when the d-pad is pressed, it registers a numpad key instead (8/4/6/2), so I've had to map the controller to those keys instead. I know the DS4 D-Pad is considered a hat switch by the computer, but is it at all possible to make a setting that maps directional function to the D-pad instead of the left analog stick?
Yes that is possible, in the profile just click the button for the stick and map the different positions from there.

(10-23-2014, 08:57 AM)RedShadow Wrote: Very interesting. I wanted to do that but failed to find a suitable battery. Like you say, I have seen 2kAh batteries as well as ... 4kAh somewhere... I will keep your battery reference man, thanks Laugh
How long does your pad stay up now?

Have not done the bod yet, the battery connector didn't arrive in post for some reason, though tracking said it should have been here. Perhaps today. But given the battery is more reputable I expect 80% increase, will do a side by side comparison with my other controller with original battery when mod is done.
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool
Gonna have to switch game DB API's. TheGamesDB.com just isnt cutting it, going to switch to GiantBomb.com

Signed up to post. Could someone help me? I can get my controller connected via bluetooth and your program shows that I'm connected; the touch pad even works to control my mouse! But no other buttons work. I'm trying to play Smash Bros on Dolphin and can't do anything because none of the buttons do anything. I tried mapping the controls in Dolphin (which oddly registers all the buttons there just fine) but when I go to actually play the game, nothing registers.
Lightbulb 
(10-23-2014, 12:07 PM)1ALEXGORDON Wrote: Signed up to post. Could someone help me? I can get my controller connected via bluetooth and your program shows that I'm connected; the touch pad even works to control my mouse! But no other buttons work. I'm trying to play Smash Bros on Dolphin and can't do anything because none of the buttons do anything. I tried mapping the controls in Dolphin (which oddly registers all the buttons there just fine) but when I go to actually play the game, nothing registers.

Sounds like a Dolphin issue since it even detects and maps your pad. or maybe, maybe when running the emulation the program grabs exclusive access but not during the pad mapping.

Try to play with the "Use Exclusive mode" in DS4W and see if that works.

I had a quick look at the Dolphin forums but nothing so far. There is only this:
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/conf...ntrollers/

So I guess try to post there? Does Dolphin work with other pads you might have?
Does 1.5.10 use the new DS4Library.dll that fixes the out of bounds power octet?

Feature request: an option to disable online game DB's and detection of currently active window might be nice for those of us that don't use game-specific profiles or prefer to switch profiles manually, or only have one profile. From what I saw in debug it launches a new thread for every active application change, then exits the thread. Might reduce CPU load a tiny bit and give users some extra privacy. It's a convenient feature for automatic profile switching of course. Macros are probably top priority at this point though ^^

I know you're not obligated under the LGPL (from the underlying libraries) to release source code for your original code, but that would be nice to see. At least the libraries anyways. you might get some patches/pull requests if you use github Wink
(10-23-2014, 03:24 PM)Star Wrote: Does 1.5.10 use the new DS4Library.dll that fixes the out of bounds power octet?
Yes it does

(10-23-2014, 03:24 PM)Star Wrote: Feature request: an option to disable online game DB's and detection of currently active window might be nice for those of us that don't use game-specific profiles or prefer to switch profiles manually, or only have one profile. From what I saw in debug it launches a new thread for every active application change, then exits the thread. Might reduce CPU load a tiny bit and give users some extra privacy. It's a convenient feature for automatic profile switching of course. Macros are probably top priority at this point though ^^
It actually wouldn't change CPU usage at all as app switching is just hooking a windows event, one that runs anyway regardless of if its hooked or not. I can disable log trace messages though if no controllers use Auto profile to keep the log from bloating for no reason. The threads are normal, this app is developed to use multi threads to increase performance.

(10-23-2014, 03:24 PM)Star Wrote: I know you're not obligated under the LGPL (from the underlying libraries) to release source code for your original code, but that would be nice to see. At least the libraries anyways. you might get some patches/pull requests if you use github Wink
The VB drivers I use from SC are up on git but personally I hate Github, its a PITA especially when you develop across multiple machines like I do, I have had many instances of code getting overwritten and pulling wrong versions and not properly merging changes. I just send bits of code as needed if another developer has questions about how something is done.

(10-23-2014, 03:24 PM)Star Wrote: Does 1.5.10 use the new DS4Library.dll that fixes the out of bounds power octet?

Feature request: an option to disable online game DB's and detection of currently active window might be nice for those of us that don't use game-specific profiles or prefer to switch profiles manually, or only have one profile. From what I saw in debug it launches a new thread for every active application change, then exits the thread. Might reduce CPU load a tiny bit and give users some extra privacy. It's a convenient feature for automatic profile switching of course. Macros are probably top priority at this point though ^^

I know you're not obligated under the LGPL (from the underlying libraries) to release source code for your original code, but that would be nice to see. At least the libraries anyways. you might get some patches/pull requests if you use github Wink

Not a bad idea. +1 for an option to activate/disable online game info.
As for code source too, I'd be interested to check it out Wink

However jhebbel already said that disclosing the code might, no will enable more DS4 pad emulations clones. I would hesitate too if I were him :/ And libraries are what's most important, anybody can create a GUI around that.
(10-23-2014, 03:47 PM)jhebbel Wrote: Yes it does

It actually wouldn't change CPU usage at all as app switching is just hooking a windows event, one that runs anyway regardless of if its hooked or not. I can disable log trace messages though if no controllers use Auto profile to keep the log from bloating for no reason. The threads are normal, this app is developed to use multi threads to increase performance.

The VB drivers I use from SC are up on git but personally I hate Github, its a PITA especially when you develop across multiple machines like I do, I have had many instances of code getting overwritten and pulling wrong versions and not properly merging changes. I just send bits of code as needed if another developer has questions about how something is done.

Thanks for the reply, glad to see the new crash fix in there ^^ Still would like to see an optional games DB option though. Not everyone likes to send their gaming activity to some arbitrary server. (Though I'm sure they have a good privacy policy, you never know)

Git is a really nice tool, i'm sure you could use different branches for your other machines and even create backup branches in case you push/pull something bad to master. It's very efficient with disk space if you have multiple test copies for example, since branches only contain the changes from master. Learning curve is not too bad with git, but I've made the same mistakes myself. I recommend manual merge though if it's not merging properly. The investment in time learning Git actually should increase your productivity even if you're just using it locally. There's many other git hosts other than github and you could even host your own git repository on your website, there's more than a few open source projects to host your own. Like here for example: http://repo.or.cz/w/tomato.git and some reading material: http://git-scm.com

Edit: more stuff above git above.
Rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K (4.6GHz) + Swiftech H240-X Liquid Cooler
Mobo: Asus Maximus VII Hero
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X
RAM: 32GB 2400MHz G.Skill TridentX
Monitor: QNIX 27" 1440p @ 96Hz
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70
Mouse: Logitech G700
Storage: 128GB SSD (Samsung 830) | 2TB Raid0 | 1.5TB
Gamepad: Sony Dualshock 4 + Asus BT211