DS4Windows - J2K
Hey mate, is there a way to update this tool, to make both DS4 and DS3 to work wired then ? I know it's impossible with bluetooth but what about wired ? Like a DS4 and DS3 with USB cables or DS4 with Bluetooth and DS3 with cable.

Is it possible ?

Sponsored links

Hi great work you have done here. It's simple and works great.
But sorry for my noobines but i have a troubleshoot :

When i try to pair with bluetooth, it's works perfectly but my bluetooth and my wifi can't work at the same time so i can't use this solution.

But I can't find how to work with a wired usb. I did like the information panels said "simply plug your gamepad to a micro usb" but the software can't find the gamepad (the lightbar however lights when i plug in but it's only seemed to load the battery).

I tried with one another similar softwares (DS4Tools) but same thing : works with bluetooth does'nt work with usb. Do you have any ideas about the problems ?

Sorry if i asked it there but i did'nt found threads on the net who talks about this Sad

EDIT : Nevermind i found it i used a micro usb who apparently doesn't work with the gamepad i tried another one and it worked greatly. Hope it can helps others bye Smile
I see you recommend a Medialink MUA-BA3 bluetooth adapter, which seems like it will plug+play with the default Microsoft Bluetooth stack, or you can install the Widcomm stack. Which do you recommend?
How do I disable touchpad?
Does this work with PS3 controllers?
Whoops, double post.
Happy 2015 J2K!
A great new year for you!
Sorry guys, been out most the last 2 weeks, but I'm back now.

(12-21-2014, 10:33 PM)Janisary Wrote: Hey all! Having a problem here. Just installed on Win7 64bit Professional and everything seems to check out at first glance, but there is zero touchpad controls. No cursor navigation, no clicks on left, right, upper or multitouch. Like it doesn't even exist. Doesn't even open the "Select an action for Left/Right/Multi/Uppertouch" window when pressed in the "Profiles" tab.

I've tried running "DS4Windows.exe" in compatibility mode, as administrator, both. Ive updated my 360 input drivers, .NET framework, SCP drivers.

I am out of ideas. Can anyone offer any insight?

Can you post a screenshot of something, like a screenshot of the profile settings. At the very least you should be able to configure the touchpad clicks.
(12-22-2014, 12:05 AM)bola08 Wrote: Hi J2K the latest versions are working great!
No issue to report.
I´m rocking scan code with Skyrim making all kinds of crazy profiles.
Next I´ll try to make a Mass effect 1/2/3 profile.

One thing that would be nice is the option for some ingame notification when switching profiles.
Maybe some sound choices or some overlay/push notification (not sure if windows have someting like that).

The way most fullscreen games work it not something that's easy to integrate at all. A sound could be done, but then it's just a matter of finding a good and pleasing one.

(12-22-2014, 03:02 AM)Synner Wrote: Was just wondering is there some way to have the lightbar off but then show the battery level when I tilt the controller up?

Right now there's not but i could be done.
(12-23-2014, 10:14 PM)Stauf99 Wrote: Thank you so much for this, I couldn't imagine anything better.
Is there a way to have the rainbow light when it's not charging? (sorry if this is an obvious setting, I just couldn't find it)
Also I can't find the setting for dragging using the trackpad.
Has anyone gotten more fluid mouse control with the joysticks? I only get pure up/down/left/right/ and diagonals. Am I missing something?

How is everyone coping the the wifi interference?

There's is a grey scale rainbow at center top of the lightbar box in profile settings, to be specific this one: [Image: IWkymBO.png]
Just click on the rainbow.
(12-26-2014, 11:14 PM)turnandpull Wrote: Can I get PS prompts in AssCreed Unity while using DS4Windows?
This application is almost perfect; but now that several games use PS button prompts as intended I'd like a way to launch games like Unity and Far Cry 4 without disabling or turning off DS4Windows. Is this possible? Is there a profile setting that would allow games to recognize the DS4 as a DS4 and not an xbox controller automatically? In other words I'd like AC Unity & far cry 4 to be able to use the DS4 touchpad AND display PS button prompts; when I launch those games now with DS4Windows running everything works fine but there are xbox button prompts. If I close DS4Windows and pair the controller natively with Windows 8.1 then these games show PS button prompts but I lose the touchpad capibility.

Also has anyone found replacement DualShock 4 buttons that resemble the xbox ones? As I don't have a playstation I figure that would solve all the problems; I have no need for the PS hieroglyphs!

If those games already have PS prompts in them, then you can disable the x360 mode in profile settings by checking "Dinput only" and turning off Hide DS4 (which I think is unchecked automatically, but don't quote me on it). For now that mode only works via wired only.
(12-27-2014, 04:05 AM)thalespi Wrote: Hey mate, is there a way to update this tool, to make both DS4 and DS3 to work wired then ? I know it's impossible with bluetooth but what about wired ? Like a DS4 and DS3 with USB cables or DS4 with Bluetooth and DS3 with cable.

Is it possible ?

It's somewhat possible to have wired DS3s, but it would be a mess to add it, between trying to add all of scp's code to having it mixed with DS4 profiles and confusing people, I rather not try.
(12-30-2014, 06:15 AM)SenileAnimal Wrote: I see you recommend a Medialink MUA-BA3 bluetooth adapter, which seems like it will plug+play with the default Microsoft Bluetooth stack, or you can install the Widcomm stack. Which do you recommend?

MS's bluetooth stack.
(12-30-2014, 11:13 AM)TyH Wrote: How do I disable touchpad?
PS+click touchpad to disable it temporarily. To permanently in profile settings, uncheck slide in the touchpad box, or you can use touchpad swipes as more controls by checking use touchpad slides for controls in the others box.
(12-30-2014, 08:45 PM)Smashbro29 Wrote: Does this work with PS3 controllers?

Nope.
(12-31-2014, 06:44 PM)bola08 Wrote: Happy 2015 J2K!
A great new year for you!

Happy New Year to you too.
Hi J2K, thank you for your DS4Windows, I have a few a requests: Smile

1. Cancel an on-going macro, also add a visual cue that a macro is running(in-app or via lightbar).
2. In-app macro editor. Tongue since right now what I'm doing is changing the recorded keys via notepad.
3. Add macro loop. (set how many times the macro will run after the trigger was pressed). Since copy-pasting the contents of the details tag might break something especially when the content is very long.
4. Global Macro recorder - example: while playing a game -> press PS button -> press trigger button(any key except PS button) -> press PS button -> press macro keys to be recorded -> press PS button (new macro saved - named as new macro #X)

Sorry if these are too many or irrelevant, and I'm not demanding or anything, just suggesting some options if ever you need some new features. Laugh

Thanks again.
(01-03-2015, 09:44 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: The way most fullscreen games work it not something that's easy to integrate at all. A sound could be done, but then it's just a matter of finding a good and pleasing one.

Maybe them a color profile.
So when switching it would flash or show up for a time.

On a side not could you tweak the swipe commands a bit making them require a bigger swipe.
Right now when I try to reach to right or left click it also registers a swipe.
Something that would not register a too small swipe.
Sorry if I´m not making much sense Laugh.