Does Anisotropic Filtering work in the emu?
Never tested PS2 Games . I'm talking about PC games.

Sponsored links

(05-10-2011, 07:18 PM)gregory Wrote: All PS2 games. Or also PC games ?

i'd have to assume itd look bad on both, i like my text sharp and crisp Tongue2
(05-10-2011, 09:38 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: i'd have to assume itd look bad on both, i like my text sharp and crisp Tongue2

The Problem with MLAA is it makes the whole screen blurry. But some games (PC) do look a little better with it on. I haven't tried it on the PCSX2 and maybe I'll try it if I have free time.
(05-10-2011, 05:25 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: the 1 setting that might make a difference is enabling negative lod clamp.

Oh, forgot to ask, what's "negative lod clamp" and does it have an ATI counterpart? Or something?
I would love to see AF work on this emu, it would make a huge difference on so many games. That really is the only "major" feature lacking in Pcsx2 if you ask me.

And outside of just having clearer textures, it would help to clear up the "dancing" pixels that happen in alot of Ps2 games in the distance. Mostly any game that is 3rd person has this issue. I could post a image of Dark cloud 2 that shows it, the mip map transition line is extremely noticable in that game.
(05-10-2011, 09:50 PM)petepiate Wrote: I would love to see AF work on this emu, it would make a huge difference on so many games. That really is the only "major" feature lacking in Pcsx2 if you ask me.

And outside of just having clearer textures, it would help to clear up the "dancing" pixels that happen in alot of Ps2 games in the distance. Mostly any game that is 3rd person has this issue. I could post a image of Dark cloud 2 that shows it, the mip map transition line is extremely noticable in that game.

Also noticeable in dot hack series where the draw distance is very small.
Shimmering and dancing textures is not something AF clears up. (actually at high levels it makes it worse by restoring the mip detail of distant textures)

Rather AF causes it in some cases, you need to adjust the lod or use super sampling to reduce the amount of shimmering.
For AF to work we'd first need mipmap support in hardware rendering.
This is really hard to do apparently though, so don't hold your breath Tongue2
AMD is doing MLAA wrong if it makes the whole screen blurry. It is designed to selectively blur edges vs the whole screen like quincux.

Oh rama will it work with that spiffy new uber slow hardware rending software texture cache mode? Now only if I knew what define toggles it. Darn unclear svn comments Tongue2
Quote:AMD is doing MLAA wrong if it makes the whole screen blurry. It is designed to selectively blur edges vs the whole screen like quincux.

no it isn't. it is a dumb filter that should be applied between rendering layers.

applying it at the end of the rendering process will always result in destruction
(05-11-2011, 02:06 AM)dralor Wrote: AMD is doing MLAA wrong if it makes the whole screen blurry. It is designed to selectively blur edges vs the whole screen like quincux.

Oh rama will it work with that spiffy new uber slow hardware rending software texture cache mode? Now only if I knew what define toggles it. Darn unclear svn comments Tongue2

Yeah, I don't even know why they added it on the new versions of the Catalyst Drivers. But I noticed on some games (Batman: Arkham Asylum for example) it makes it look better; the shimmering off the edges of objects if shined by light is gone and is "Anti-Aliased" properely. But on most games I played, it just made it blurry..