Dragon Quest VIII: Slow in a town

small cutscene, you say everything perfect so far except for the text that has errors
CASE: Haf X ALI: Corsair Professional Gold AX750 MOBO: P8P67 EVO Rev3.0 CPU: i7-2600K @4.20GHz DIS: Noctua NH-U9B SE2
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 8GB CL8 GPU: GTX 580 DirectCU II MON: Samsung PX2370 OS: 7 Ultimate 64bit

Sponsored links

That language. You got the PAL version then. Enable your frame limiter. The game isn't supposed to be going over 50fps.

Also, allow 8-bit textures and texture filtering for cell-shaded games like DQVII. Switch the native res to 1920x1080 if you're going widescreen. Use directX11 if you could.
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
yes i set 60fps^^

by mistake in the video above I set a 4/3 instead of a 16/9 so the characters may appear more plump D:
CASE: Haf X ALI: Corsair Professional Gold AX750 MOBO: P8P67 EVO Rev3.0 CPU: i7-2600K @4.20GHz DIS: Noctua NH-U9B SE2
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 8GB CL8 GPU: GTX 580 DirectCU II MON: Samsung PX2370 OS: 7 Ultimate 64bit
No, I meant PAL games run at 50fps instead of 60fps for NTSC. So you should use the frame limiter or the action and sounds will speed up. If you still get slow down, just lower the native resolution a bit. Though IMO, DQVIII is best played on an original PS2 console. I've heard of issues about shadows not working on DQVIII when emulated.
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Umm as far as I'm able to read with understanding, his problem is text not speed now(which he set as 60fps by himself;P knowing? the side effects).

There was similar problem posted somewhere not so long ago, but I have no clue for a fix except changing to english or rather using fast boot(which does set it to english as I assume in the process).

If fast boot is a solution, there should be possible to set it by pnach file and fix it unless of course it's not broken in the translation, as the bios settings are stored at the start of 20000000+ memory range and can be easily patched. The problem that the data there is slightly different for each bios, and well not really sure language setting is stored there nor the exact address as I never tried to search for that.

Edit: yes it is stored there, seems to be stored in 2 adresses, the first one has a value of 1 for english and rising for other languages and the second one starts from 129 for english and rising as well for others(easy to find them by booting just the bios and changing languages while searching with cheat engine for a byte changes). Have no clue if it would work like that, I don't have DQ disc anywhere close to check nor any game I saw problems with(through I almost never run games with full boot and do have english set in the bios anyway:]). But when I run the game by full boot the values are shown there, while as a fast boot it's not soo quite probably using pnach to set a language for fast boot could be a fix(like I said IF the full boot is the problem;P).